Author Topic: I had modified lefort iii  (Read 126643 times)

earl25

I had modified lefort iii
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:04:55 AM »
Ok so back in June I had the mother of all max fax surgeries. I had a modified lefort iii where my entire midface (orbital rim, cheeks) WITHOUT THE JAW. My midface was advanced 7mm.

background:
So after my malar implant was a bust (for everyone who says malar augmentation will help the orbital rims I can tell you from experience it doesn't, at best it wont do anything, at worst it will make it worse) . So I flew all around the world consulting with cosmetic surgeons an craniofacial surgeons for orbital rim implants. I was all ready and set to have custom implants and a midface lift when Lazlo pm'ed me about a quadrangular lefort ii or iii and showed me the 2 pics of those girls who had it done. I knew about these surgeries for years but didn't think anyone did it on non syndrome people. A guy I knew on miss j board needed  one and tried but no one would do it on him. So I decided to look into it again. I searched like crazy through pumed. sent tons of photos with ds and scans to docs who I saw dos this surgery.  most said heck no , other doctors gave me this heartfelt impassioned email to reconsider because this surgery is so dangerous. They all recommended I try fat (don't get me started on fat to the orbital rims, I can write you a novel on why it stinks ).
so a handful of  doctors said they would do it and I flew out to meet with them Most said they would only do the surgery with moving the jaw and with a coronal incision with cavalial bone and a bunch of other scary stuff. most docs said price was 50k 20k for surgeon fee 30k for hospital  I then found 2 doctors who said they can do it without the jaw and without a coronal.   One also said he can do it in his office operating suite.  He was going to do 2 incisions on nar the eye ,one inside the mouth to move the midface.  He was going to cut at the buttress of the maxilla to separate the jaw and cut the bones near the orbital rim to advance it all out as one piece.

so I went with him. cost was 17k(just about the same cost as custom implants). I was very very nervous and scared. I kept thinking about what all those doctors said and what I read online etc.

surgery was uneventful. It was done in his office operating room. had a 7 mm advancement. I was myself again after a day. I had tons and tons of swelling. didn't really have any pain. no vision issues, no loss or  double vision. all the scary things dr.''s said would happen didn't. no step off anywhere. my doctor and his staff gave amazing care before and after surgery. he didn't shy away from any of my questions and answered them with facts ,not just generic stuff. an example is every doctor(except obwegeser)  told me this cannot be done without moving the jaw and never has been done and very very technically difficult. when I said this to my doc he responded he has done it before, he explained where he will cut to accomplish it and why etc. they checked up on me daily post surgery. his assistant even came to my hotel to clean my incision sites.

so far I like my result. I feel and see the difference having my midface advanced. no I didn't become the Adonis or have the massive transformation we all hope fore, but in the 10 years ive been in this cosmetic surgery maxfax life I can tell you very very very few ppl go from ugly to hot. most end up a better looking version of themselves 1-2 points  more in the attractive scale. one thing I do like is pre malar surgery I could pull off more than an inch of skin from my midface. now I can brely pinch any.

I wish my doctor and  obwegeser and dr. z  would really  push all these  surgeries like lfort ii,iii, chin wing etc. they can help a lot of people. the generic cliché  routine procedures  these cosmetic surgeons offer really don't do much.

Gregor Samsa

Re: I had modified lefort iii
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:10:50 AM »
17k sounds really cheap. Who was your surgeon? You mentioned dr Z so I assume that's Zarrinbal? What did he say?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 09:23:12 AM »
Glad you're seeing improvement and like the result. Still can't quite believe you went through with it, hats off to you Sir!

Have you got anything else up your sleeve or is that you done and dusted?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:47:33 AM by Modigliani »

earl25

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 09:44:50 AM »
17k sounds really cheap. Who was your surgeon? You mentioned dr Z so I assume that's Zarrinbal? What did he say?

no it was a surgeon in the usa

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:49:49 AM »

no it was a surgeon in the usa

Oh yeah, I know that Zarrinbal didn't do your surgery but you consulted with him right? What did he say during the consultation? Do you think you look "normal" now that you've had the surgery?

LoveofScotch

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:02:50 AM »
Wow. I'm really glad things are going well!

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 11:31:13 AM »
Were all the incisions done through the mouth or do you have some external ones?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
Glad to you like your results.  Ive seen a lot of your posts around here and I know youve wanted to do something about your midface for a while.

earl25

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 11:41:20 AM »
did Dr Sinn do your surgery?

Glad it worked out for you.

yes

earl25

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:04 AM »
That's great and really fascinating. How old are you Earl? And also when you say orbital rim was it just the bottom part or the entire orbital rim surrounding the eyes?

Im 30 it was the infraoribtal and lateral orbital  not upa orbital rim

pekay

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »
any chance you could upload your post-op X-ray or CT Scan. I'm curious to see what the incisions and screw + plates look like
Chopsticks > Spoons

earl25

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 11:42:34 AM »
Were all the incisions done through the mouth or do you have some external ones?

internal via mouth and externam by the side of the eye

earl25

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »
Great stuff bro, so happy for you. srs.
do you think a zygo osteotomy can give good results?

depends. I don't believe it will move the orbital rim so if you have an orbital rim deficiency I don't believe it will help

earl25

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 11:43:44 AM »
any chance you could upload your post-op X-ray or CT Scan. I'm curious to see what the incisions and screw + plates look like

if I get them I will ty

earl25

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
Glad you're seeing improvement and like the result. Still can't quite believe you went through with it, hats off to you Sir!

Have you got anything else up your sleeve or is that you done and dusted?

im looking into orbital decompression