Author Topic: I hate my face but don't know how to fix it.  (Read 22614 times)

applejuice

Re: I hate my face but don't know how to fix it.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 05:55:26 AM »
Why is this harsh? Im just saying it how it is. It's not an ugly profile it's just not attractive. Most guys dont have attractive profiles.

overbiter

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:08 AM »
Why is this harsh? Im just saying it how it is. It's not an ugly profile it's just not attractive. Most guys dont have attractive profiles.

If you just want to bash people and be arrogant and rude then stay on PUAHate where you belong. This forum is not for time wasters like you.

applejuice

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
What do you want from me? I answered OP's question in a neutral manner. Im neither arrogant nor rude. Studies show that class 2 profiles are considerd less attractive.

Cobolt2

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 05:53:22 AM »
Many has mentioned that I look like a typical class 2 case, and I agree. However I have been looking up what class 2 means and it seems to be that if your mandibles first molar is behind (posterior) to the first molar in the maxilla, then you have a class 2 bite. My lower molar is anterior (closer to my lips) than my upper molar. So does that mean I don't have a class 2 bite? If so, why do i look the way i do?

notrain

• Private
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 06:46:52 AM »
you have a class 1 bite with a class 2 skeleton. it's not uncommon, i have it too. orthodontists can align your bite properly, if the mandibular retrognathia isn't that severe.

Cobolt2

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 09:04:54 AM »
you have a class 1 bite with a class 2 skeleton. it's not uncommon, i have it too. orthodontists can align your bite properly, if the mandibular retrognathia isn't that severe.

Is this better or worse to have than a class 2 on both bite and skeleton? Can a orthodontist be more stubborn to avoid treatment just because my bite is good, even tho I have overjet, overbite, deep bite and an ugly profile.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 12:42:19 PM »
it's neither here nor there, really.

as a class 2 skeleton guy you already have natural compensation in your dentition, i.e. your teeth mask some of your skeletal discrepancy naturally.
an orthodontist usually increases this compensation with braces to make your bite fit properly.

if you want to get surgery, your teeth will have to be decompensated first. this means your dentition will properly reflect your skeletal pattern. fully decompensated, a class 2 person will have a severe overbite and look pretty retarded.
if you had orthodontics before, decompensation will maybe take a bit longer than if you hadn't. But no, an orthodontist will not refuse to treat you, just because your bite fits properly but you dislike your appearance.

however, in a country with socialized healthcare, you will likely have to pay for it yourself because public healthcare usually only pays for a proper bite, not a proper skeleton.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »
wouldn't there still be aesthetically minded doctors / surgeons if there are enough people demanding jaw surgery to become more attractive? i don't see how nationalized healthcare will prohibit surgeons to offer surgery in exchange for cash. germany has nationalized healthcare with good surgeons (see kizarq's thread), they will operate on insurance if you meet certain criteria and privately (you pay for it yourself) if you just want to look better.

disclaimer: i am neither for nor against nationalized healthcare and i don't give a hoot about obama.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
What the f*ck am I reading?!
Firstly, this is a jaw surgery forum not some pick up artist forum thingie.  He didn't even mention getting a gf.  Maybe he has one already?  Maybe he doesn't want one?  Who gets jaw surgery so they can 'get a girlfriend?'
Secondly, a guy does not have to look amazing or 'alpha' or whatever bollocks you guys call it to get a good-looking girlfriend.  Seriously....
Thirdly a "chubbier girl and take her to the gym" OMFG I CAN'T EVEN kjs'fdgosth'kbrdhlkh;sdnfgaa  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :-\ :-\ :-\ >:( >:( >:(

Anyway OP, I don't think you should get a rhino, can't see any issue with your nose from the side.  I also do not think a genio will give you the result you want - my bone structure is not so different to yours (deeper bite, but I'd say a similar level of recession) and I got an implant that gave me a similar result to a chin-wing genio.  Still going through with jaw surgery - for bite and for gum healthy but for aesthetics as well.

The crucial thing, which you haven't mentioned, is your bite.

This made me go....  :o People who are thinking like this should be shoved off this earth, nauseating.

To the original poster, you dont look bad, the pursuit of perfection is a tricky tightrope to walk, I mean this sincerely. Things can get better, but they can definitely get worse. Be careful.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Cobolt2

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »
Guys take a look at my ramus. I'm convinced my jaw /chin can look good without lengthening. It's just too far back now. I'm trying to show you my ramus angle. People who has a normal jaw/chin has a ramus that goes straight down or forward. Mine goes backward. Look at the pics and compare (in the second pic I have an underbite)

The red line in the first pic is my estimation of the angle of the ramus.

Question: Can this be fixed in traditional orthodontics?

I've heard that functional orthodontics can fix this by widening the jaws and then use a splint in the lower jaw that brings the mandible forward.

As explained here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120317171651AA2WFMl

[attachment deleted by admin]

notrain

• Private
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:33 PM »
you are too old for any non surgical fix (which likely are bollocks anyway).

it's either surgery or live with your looks.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 09:42:40 PM »
Actually, I strongly disagree with the people on here who say you look "average".  In complete honesty, I think you are very good looking and have handsome features.  Id say if you have a small airway or severe joint issues go for the surgery, but imo surgery will not make you look dramatically more attractive because you already are attractive.  And im not just saying that to boost your self confidence; I had jaw surgery a year ago and while im very happy with my result, I looked really bad before and imo you are still a better looking guy than me even post surgery.  Just my 2 cents!

Cobolt2

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 05:14:25 AM »
I am constantly thinking about what treatment I need. I will get an appointment with an oral surgeon within 6 months and I hope I will sort some things out there.

Look at the picture a attached. I think I have a similar situation. Look at his ramus, instead of being vertical, it actually is leaning backwards, I think my ramus looks the same.

I also wonder if it's normal to see your mandibular condyles in your ear? Mine are visible in my ears and disappears when I shoot man jaw forward. But the point is they are visible at normal jaw positioning.

I envy this guys result, it looks great. He underwent bimaxillary counterclockwise advancement. What is the cost of the treatment and what kind of cutting is done to the bones?

In the replys in this thread some people said that I maybe could get away with just a bsso. Would a bsso have any affect on the airway?

http://www.arnettgunson.com/fab-treatment-planning

[attachment deleted by admin]

notrain

• Private
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 06:20:17 AM »
that guy is way more recessed than you are.

Cobolt2

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 12:18:36 PM »
that guy is way more recessed than you are.

Do you know if its normal to see the condyles of the mandible in the ears?