Author Topic: Surgery set for next week - not sure if I should go through with it  (Read 1487 times)

alex8039

Hi all,

I've been waiting 3 years for this, going through the public system. I'm in an odd position, my ortho left and I've been without braces for about 2 months now, and will be unable to get any unless I dish out 5k in private.

The surgeon said that my bite hasn't changed and that they will be happy to continue with surgery, however can't promise 100% results since I have no braces. Although they are sure I don't need them.

I was also always told I'd get upper, lower and genio, but the head surgeon says I don't need genio and won't do it. So I'm also a bit worried I'll go from an overly strong chin to a weak one.

Most of all I'm scared about actually going under the knife, I've had SARPE surgery done before but I was braver then  :-\

alex8039

Re: Surgery set for next week - not sure if I should go through with it
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:21:27 PM »
Interesting my doctor said the same thing, he prefers to get my genio done later in case I don't need it. The second doctor said that my tissue will move upwards making the impression that I have a defined chin, which isn't the most comforting thing to hear.

I hope to get braces a few weeks post-op. I guess my main issue now is the fear of going through with surgery. I'm scared to go on that table and have that anesthesia knock me out to wake up all messed up... actually getting severe anxiety thinking about the day.

PloskoPlus

Re: Surgery set for next week - not sure if I should go through with it
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:41:18 AM »
Quote from: alex8039 link=topic=1323.msg19901#msg19901 date=13892520enjoyed87
I guess my main issue now is the fear of going through with surgery. I'm scared to go on that table and have that anesthesia knock me out to wake up all messed up... actually getting severe anxiety thinking about the day.
Don't worry about it.  General anaesthesia is a gas! Every time I had it, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. (I guess I should never try heroin).