Author Topic: Camouflage in Orthodontics  (Read 13801 times)

dantheman

• Private
Re: Camouflage in Orthodontics
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 09:13:14 PM »
Or maybe it's turtles all the way down.

Apparently I always had flat feet as a child, my jaw issue became more apparent only after puberty

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
Flat feet family here :(

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 09:31:53 PM »
I had that herbst appliance when I was 16 to move my lower jaw forward to fix an overbite. Well they didnt close it all the way so my ortho just flared my teeth forward to mask it. Now my braces are opening up my remaining overbite for surgery. Thanks for the great ortho work. Waste of money

OrthodontistExpert

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 05:01:31 AM »
Has anyone watched this YouTube video on explaining how to surgically fix the face after dental extractions to fix a dental Overbite?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bIivMIcwGhQ

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »
Molar extractions? F@ck... that's malpractice IMO. So at least wisdom teeth are controversial but there is no controversy regarding molars. I mean, like 80% of chewing function is between 1st molars and 2nd bicuspids. Those are so hard to replace.

As for moving molars, my understanding is the same. I think my wisdom teeth may have needed to go because they needed 3mm of vertical movement to flatten my exaggerated curve of Spee. Even 1mm of relapse would have opened up the bite and so far back in the mouth it turns into a lot of opening, like 3mm. You don't want your bones healing in that new position. We saw an Israeli guy here recently who had that happen. How they hell you even do that without TADs I don't understand.

SGseeker

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
Has anyone watched this YouTube video on explaining how to surgically fix the face after dental extractions to fix a dental Overbite?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bIivMIcwGhQ

AMAZING! Wow!! Honestly I have learn't so much on this forum and from all of you guys. When I have kids I'm not letting them take any teeth out of their mouths! I wish my mother was more informed when I had braces. This type of stuff should be more widely known. Even the signs of mouth breathing and the impact it has on facial development... so many things to know about. Thanks for posting. I agree with Molestrip it is malpractice IMO. Can someone post what specifically orthodontics should be doing INSTEAD of extractions? (I had 4 molars removed - which was a horror as a child)