Author Topic: Arnett or Gunson  (Read 11261 times)

Krista

Arnett or Gunson
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
How do you chose between having a consult between Gunson or Arnett?    I was told by receptionist once you have consult with one you can not switch.   Why are some of your reasons for going with one over another?

CK

• Private
Re: Arnett or Gunson
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 08:31:32 PM »
I was tentatively scheduled with Arnett, but ended up cancelling because it was too far out. I chose Gunson because I could see him sooner.

Antbee

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »
I was allocated Arnett when I called for whatever reason. I was told at consult they cost exactly the same

CK

• Private
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
I was allocated Arnett when I called for whatever reason. I was told at consult they cost exactly the same

not given a choice? maybe gunson's consult schedule for the year was full. he does seem very busy.

Antbee

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:42:39 PM »
I didn't ask as at that time I thought you always met them together/ they worked together etc. It was only later I realized they each have their own patients and only assist each other when requested/ complicated cases. But I was told once I had Dr Arnett post-consult, I couldn't just switch, I'd have to meet Dr Gunson and start over the whole process of consultation etc. Not sure what they'd say to a patient who wanted to switch and was further down the line with preparation etc.

Heavyweight

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
are you including the grafting costs with the lefort (because that can change the base price). my multisegment osteotomy was 9,150.00, plus the costs of the bone grafting which i won't reveal. my bsso was 7,500, plus the cost of the graft placement which was several thousand more. i interacted with another poster - who will remain anonymous - that had the same prices as me, excluding the cost of the bone grafting which can vary based on how much is needed or done. genio was also ~4,500.

I'm not including the costs of grafting. Did the other poster have Arnett or Gunson? I'm sure the costs have increased over the years.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »
If Gunson has only been doing surgeries on his own for a few years does that make anyone nervous?
I mean Arnett has to be much better and experienced at the actual bone cutting, etc. As he has been doing surgeries for over 30 years.   Even if they come up with the same surgical plans.

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:20:20 PM »
The assistant for my surgery is Blaschke.

Joy

• Private
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:13:47 AM »
Mine will be Blaschke also

CK

• Private
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 10:05:51 PM »
has anyone ever consulted with both surgeons? some must have because several years ago i was told on a forum that AG do operations together (i knew that wasn't true anymore then) but since they work so independently now i think it is an interesting question.

M

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »

Do A/G ever do SARPE only or upper jaw? I'm yet to read of such cases.

CK

• Private
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 01:41:11 AM »

Do A/G ever do SARPE only or upper jaw? I'm yet to read of such cases.

well, i know nothing about SARP, but i know they do only upper surgery when it is needed in addition to the lower jaw, im guessing the same applies for upper as well? in other words, upper jaw surgery and no lower. depends what your condition is.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:04:53 AM by CK »