Author Topic: Underbiter Leforte one insufficient advancement  (Read 16236 times)

Ben30

Re: Underbiter Leforte one insufficient advancement
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2015, 03:18:16 AM »
Hey yep, the person over seeing my case knew a family member so my case was postponed to another hearing. Im feeling positive. Thete is a surgeon nearby that does palatal distraction so ill be checking it out. Then im not sure about the advancement of maxilla maybe a seperate surgery and distraction also.

Ben30

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2015, 06:02:20 PM »
Updat. I had consultation with another surgeon. He seemed to have more knowledge than the others ive seen so far. I drove 1500km to see hi I feel it was worth it. He seemed great and i had a good feeling after the consultation, which included ct scan. Which showed a decent airway and heavily compensated lower arch with pronounced chin. I told him my last maxillary advancement the surgeon only moved 2mm which i said to him was nowhere near enough. He agreed. We discussed some options which included advancing upper jaw by 8mm. To match a decompensated lower arch. He does palatal distraction, an expansion of 8mm+ is possible if an ortho can upright my lower arch. my upper jaw isnt super narrow as is. He will do a bi max for 26k and palatal distraction for 5k. I think it's coparatively cheap.

terry947

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 06:43:08 PM »
palatal distraction or the upper and lower jaw? or just lower jaw? Also are you talking about distraction osteogenesis?

Ben30

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »
distraction osteogenesis of upper jaw only. My lower is normal size.

Ben30

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2015, 01:51:11 AM »
Update..well i just wrote a novel and lost it..so this will be short and sweet. Court is frustrating, I'll have a decision in 6weeks and will probably lose.

Ben30

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2015, 01:58:03 AM »
I've started reversing my orthodontic extractions.  Didn't know where to turn. I probably could have just gotten crowns to build up my bite to reduce the traumatic overbite but they're very costly and i couldn't find anyone with any kind of understanding of an occlusion. The impaction of my jaw by 4mm by the surgery is heartbreaking.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2015, 10:08:52 AM »
Update..well i just wrote a novel and lost it..so this will be short and sweet. Court is frustrating, I'll have a decision in 6weeks and will probably lose.

That sucks. Why do you think you will lose?  :(

terry947

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2015, 11:11:43 AM »
Sorry I'm not farmiliar with your story... 

why are you in court? Did you already have jaw surgery?

Ben30

« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »
Lose because it's unfair, by the ethics and even the law i should win.
Class skeletal 3 base remains. Excuse..relapse, even though advanced only 2mm as planned.
No decompensation of dental arches over 19 months braces before sugery. Excuse  Not important.
Jaw moved inferiorly, 4mm at 2nd molar..no recognition
Expansion complication..excuse tight tissues at ostetomy sight.
I've been told that the issue is with my expectations.
The overbite due to inferior movement of jaw is the hardest

Ben30

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 09:03:39 PM »
Bit of an update, im still actively battling and dealing with the double speak bulls**t that is the concerned profession.

I just had a diagnosis of an excessive overbite, deep, and lack of vertical dimension. Unfortunately despite my instructions otherwise the cosmetic dentist who provided the diagnosis
 decided to Also comment on how i got the deep bite. She saind my back teeth tip inwards since finishing orthodontics. This was because of lack of retention post orthodontics.

I tried to explain to her that that was absolutely not the case and why, but she said she doesn't wish to get into a fight about the past treatment. My logic was, then why did she comment on it?
I cannot use her diagnosis because of her opinion which she also stated was based on limited and incomplete records.

First attachment, letter from original orthodontist stating molars where tipped inwards by orthodontics.

Second attachment,see point 5, by cosmetic dentist stating that molars where uprighted by above orthodontics.

Lol this is what your up against when you take on these serpents.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:30:14 PM by Ben30 »