Author Topic: How long before?  (Read 1644 times)

Antbee

How long before?
« on: August 23, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »
So this is directed at people who've already had surgery - I'm having both jaws plus genio and HA augmentation to orbital rims, cheeks and gonial angles (see Gunson posts if you're not sure what HA is - but short version is it's a paste that builds up volume a little).
How long realistically before I can go back to work? I'm a red carpet reporter - not on-camera, but I do need to not look horrendous/ be able to speak clearly and pretty loudly.
Any thoughts? I know it depends on the person and their age (I'm 36) but a rough idea when it would be feasible to work in this way would be very helpful. I'm freelance so no work = no pay.

CK

• Private
Re: How long before?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »
to look presentable, probably a month. not sure about the gonial angles (never had the choice, would have liked to seen improve there though) or orbital rim procedure trauma. by reporter do you actually speak to the camera, or interact with people live...or just assist?

you won't be able to open your mouth beyond 10-15mm at four weeks as far as i know (smaller than the width of an index finger) so talking will be difficult. 

Antbee

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 02:08:24 PM »
Thanks. I'm not on-camera, meaning I don't face camera, but I do interview people myself, so I need to speak clearly. I'm glad you think I likely won't look frightening or weird after a month, but it sounds like I won't be able to speak well enough from what you say... you're 8 weeks out right? At what point did you feel able to speak clearly in public (if you have yet)?

CK

• Private
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »
Thanks. I'm not on-camera, meaning I don't face camera, but I do interview people myself, so I need to speak clearly. I'm glad you think I likely won't look frightening or weird after a month, but it sounds like I won't be able to speak well enough from what you say... you're 8 weeks out right? At what point did you feel able to speak clearly in public (if you have yet)?

i can speak, but it's painful on my jaw muscles. a few minutes at a time is okay. inflection (controlling pitch of the voice) is basically impossible atm, so you might sound monotone if you're a guy. women tend to naturally have softer-sounded voices so it might be different if that is your situation. this is a problem for me because i will be making a joke, or say something sarcastic, and my friends will think im being dead serious. run it by your doctor and get his point of view. i learned all of this after my operation.