Author Topic: finally I'm flying down  (Read 5659 times)

angelstrings

finally I'm flying down
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:39:23 PM »
The plane ticket is purchased...my hotel is booked. Im consulting Dr. Relle on Friday. I could not be more terrified of going to LA if I tried. I don't know what to expect, how bad traffic is, how hard it is to get a taxi. I hope I'm able to be present mentally for what goes on at the consult. The charge for a consultation is the same regardless of if I'm just doing genioplasty, or jaw surgery. SO, I am bringing my iCAT results from home and we can give the situation a good going-over. I just wonder if I'd benefit from BSSO. I'll let you all know how it goes.

CK

• Private
Re: finally I'm flying down
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »
you're not consulting with arnett/gunson?

Antbee

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 03:24:44 PM »
Hi Angelstrings, I live in LA so can help you with info if you need. I've also consulted with Dr Relle so I know how to get to his office too! Cabs are easy to call, but not easy to hail in some areas during the day. I like 18003005007 for cabs. If you can drive I highly recommend picking up a rental at the airport. If you're on a budget and are not renting a car, head to the 'airport shuttle' stand when you walk out of LAX. It's near the taxi stand. About $20 to get anywhere. PM me if you need help. Good luck

Antbee

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »
Well I actually consulted with Kupferman who works with Relle and I met them both - they would have done my surgery together. I thought he was impressive but as he wasn't my lead surgeon I can't answer that with authority really.

I should maybe have asked for Relle to be my primary, I don't know, I like Kupferman a lot - they quoted me 20K with insurance, 28K cash for 3-piece le fort, BSSO. The next person I saw was Arnett and I decided I really wanted to go with him. I think what decided me most on Arnett was the uncompromising attitude he has. He didn't ask me if I wanted a genio, he told me I needed one and there was no room for discussion. I trusted his emphatic opinion, since he explained the differences in his surgical plan to the one the other office had laid out for me. It made sense. Their plans were similar but different enough to give me pause. I think what clinched it too was Arnett pointing out he needed to position my lower lip under my over jet (that was not clear in the other surgeon's plan, although to be fair, they may have decided that later after doing preparatory model surgery etc.)

Kupferman was really lovely and I had a great feeling about him, but was more open to my input and I felt a little insecure about that. I know they have some great success stories and boast some high-profile clients who clearly trust them. But, I really feel I'll need some HA, even if, as CK says, the augmentation is very subtle and Relle's office doesn't do HA. I was extremely torn between the two but my gut said to choose someone with the longest-running background in aesthetics. If I'm doing this, I only want to do it this one time and I want to have the best possible outcome. I know Relle has excellent history with Kaiser, and both Kuperfman and Walline, his colleagues worked at Kaiser and attended UCLA. I think they probably would all be capable of doing a great surgery, but another point is, I believe Relle is quite conservative and doesn't like to do anything beyond the necessary for good function etc.  Call me vain, but I think I need a little more 'icing' on my cake if you will.

angelstrings

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 04:40:58 PM »
I was gonna consult with A&G but the price isn't right. Not when there are really reputable surgeons other than them who charge less. I still don't know if I should do jaw surgery or just genioplasty, but that's why I'm flying down to consult and see. I like the idea that relle has the rep for being conservative. I think my issue is so evident, he'll know just what to do to fix it.
Antbee thanks for the cab number. I still can't believe I'm doing this!!!

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
@Angelstrings good luck with your consult !!! Please update us on how everything goes. I might look into consulting with Dr.Relle as well : )
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

angelstrings

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 01:14:24 AM »
I'll be happy happy to!!!

angelstrings

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 11:02:31 AM »
Now that it's right before I fly down to consult, I'm wondering if there is anything I'm leaving out of the picture. I think I should talk to Dr. Relle about how, when I chew on the right side, the left side pops. And, when I run, the throat closes up. It happened when I was sleeping last night too. I woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe. It was the throat again. I'm not overweight and don't have a double chin. It's weird, but I'm gonna discuss possibly having a small airway. So jaw popping, and compromised breathing...What else?

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »
When exactly are you seeing Dr.Relle.... Im seriously thinking of booking with him. How much are his consult fees if you dont mind sharing?
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.