Author Topic: What to do during recovery....?  (Read 1899 times)

streo

What to do during recovery....?
« on: August 27, 2012, 04:28:37 PM »
Anybody who has already had surgery: how long before you have acclimated to the crappy diet such that you are going on about your usual business? 

CK

• Private
Re: What to do during recovery....?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »
10 weeks till i felt somewhat like myself, but still eating soft food.

streo

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »
10 weeks till i felt somewhat like myself, but still eating soft food.

Thanks for that response...adds a little realism to this process. 

During my first consult with the doctor he said he wanted me chewing right away.  I remember when I got TADs installed I babied them for a day and before placing a load on them and they completely fell out - as in the doctor was able to just yank them out without anesthetic (which was painful, but not intolerable).  He told me it's important to put a load on these screws so that they "respond" or "grab" or something like that.  I'm terribly worried that my body is going to reject the rigid fixation screws in this same way.  I'm having some special brownies made as a first meal (not those kind of "special").

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:10:19 PM »
Anybody who has already had surgery: how long before you have acclimated to the crappy diet such that you are going on about your usual business? 

Around day 10, I was out and about in public. Still had swelling as well as green/ purple bruising down my neck, but I was otherwise functional. Eating was a challenge. I was debanded but on a no chew diet, so what wasn't in very soft or liquid form, I just swallowed whole whatever was available.