Author Topic: Dr Relle  (Read 9166 times)

angelstrings

Dr Relle
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »
First let me apologize for any misspellings as I'm a poor speller as it is and I'm on my phone texting all this out. Anyway I enjoyed meeting dr relle. He took his time explaining the procedure with me-sliding genio. He examined my icat scan and told me what the other orthos have said-my bite is perfect. He loaded my icat into his computer and then, taking some photos his assistant had taken of my profile and front view and was able to line my cranium up with the flesh from the photos. He extended my chin bone out on the icat and that extended the profile and looked perfect!! He couldn't tell me what the effect on the soft tissues though and this has me perplexed as I can't either. He told me he would get in touch with a maxfax where I live in case anything went wrong and I needed immediate assistance. He is putting me in contact with another of his patients who could tell me about the genio from a patients pov. He will shortly be able to do the procedure on site as he is having an OR built on site. It's beautiful-I saw it. I wish I'd ask to see before and afters though. He showed me one that was phenomenal. Oh, and another thing I really like is that is was the head of the residents at ucla. I love the residents where I work and one of my dear friends is a head resident himself. Those guys really care, about the residents and the patients. I'm thinking I'll go for relle doing my genii. I just wish someone could help me forsee what the front view will look like.

Kristen

• Private
Dr Relle
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »
Dr. Relleis a maxial facial surgeon?   He said you didnt need jaw surgery?    Lucky you!

angelstrings

Dr Relle
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 10:03:47 AM »
Dr. Relleis a maxial facial surgeon?   He said you didnt need jaw surgery?    Lucky you!

I know! One less thing to have to deal with :-)

angelstrings

Re: Dr Relle
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:32:43 AM »
I am super excited! My surgery is in just 2 weeks. I have a really awesome feeling about this. I will get right back and fill everyone in on how I'm doing after I get back.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 04:16:57 PM »
Angel strings..... Are you going to share pic?

angelstrings

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »
You know it girl! I'll post as the days go by, so others can see what its like to go through the healing process. I just hope I feel good by Saturday because I wanna go exploring in Los Padres. Weather report said it's 52 right now. Jeez, I'll be in shorts. ;)

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 08:41:15 AM »
Who is your surgeon?

angelstrings

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:07:22 PM »
Dr. Relle

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 07:10:18 AM »
Name of the thread. Wow.

angelstrings

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 11:18:22 PM »
That's ok. I'm used to being asked over and over. Just part of my job.

BTW, who is your surgeon?

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »

angelstrings

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 08:47:32 PM »
I am so happy I got the surgery. I'm not gonna post my pic just yet. The surgery was yesterday. My neck is super swollen and bruised, like I swallowed a frog and it got stuck and died in there haha. BUT, I can totally see that, after the swelling goes down, it'll be beautiful. Just right for my face. The procedure DOES impact the frontal view of the face, in my case, in a very good way. It's like, I can actually see my jawline now. Like, I can see the resemblance in my face to that of my mother and my brother. This procedure took my own natural chin, shape and all, and brought that forward. I wasn't looking to have my chin "shaped" or "elongated" or any such thing. I really kind of liked the face I had, it was just off on that lower 1/3 part, and Dr. Relle saw exactly what I saw and fixed it! He wasn't over the top with it, which made me comfortable. This is not going to look fake, or glued on, once the swelling goes down.

Dr Relle and his staff have taken great care of me. They have called me numerous times to check on me, both before and after the surgery. Immediately after the surgery, he returned to the recovery room to see how I was doing. The staff made sure I had a safe place to go where they'd keep a close eye on me overnight. My pain has been adequately managed. I am on preventative antibiotics. The next day, Dr. K came to assess me where I was staying. Talk about service!

Before and after the surgery, I can honestly say I had a blast, joking and cutting up with the staff. They're all super laid back, friendly and welcoming. I feel like this experience has been a great example of what medicine used to be like. When doctors would go door to door, and truly cared about their patients, and took time with them, the way they've taken time with me.

So, there's my review. I will post pics. Give me a week. I wanna get back to Anchor town first.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 08:52:23 PM »
Congrats, sounds like you had a wonderful experience and achieved great results. Good to hear the staff were so supportive and pleasant to be with.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 09:23:17 PM »
So happy for you!    Sounds great!

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 05:55:07 PM »
Before and after the surgery, I can honestly say I had a blast, joking and cutting up with the staff.

Word choice?   ;)