Author Topic: What do you guys think?(pics)  (Read 6028 times)

tdawg

• Private
What do you guys think?(pics)
« on: September 05, 2012, 07:57:35 PM »
Im probably only going to leave these up until tomorrow.

Profile and frontal view. As you can see my case is pretty weird. Horizontally things are acceptable but vertically there appears to be a lot of downward rotation. My main concern is lip strain. I can close my lips without too much dimpling of my chin, but it takes a lot of effort.

BTW I dont have a significant overjet even though it might look that way. What do you think I would need to have? Please keep it civil.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:30:57 PM by tdawg »

Kristen

• Private
Re: What do you guys think?(pics)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:13:14 PM »
Honestly.... You look really great.    Unless you are having functional or breathing issues I wouldn't touch anything.   You are very attractive and look balanced to me.   

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 03:53:45 AM »
And this is the part that makes no sense to me. I was told that my lower jaw was actually not recessed horizontally, that it was actually a vertical problem.

x

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 07:33:32 AM »
And this is the part that makes no sense to me. I was told that my lower jaw was actually not recessed horizontally, that it was actually a vertical problem.
Ok for starters, you told me that they wouldn't operate on me as my case wasn't serious enough, but imo you look more normal than I do. No noticeable asymmetry and what they probably meant by the vertical problem was a long maxillary that's pushing your mandible out of position, same thing I have.

Both of us have those hollow cheeks that I believe are a sign of the long face.

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
Ok for starters, you told me that they wouldn't operate on me as my case wasn't serious enough, but imo you look more normal than I do. No noticeable asymmetry and what they probably meant by the vertical problem was a long maxillary that's pushing your mandible out of position, same thing I have.

Both of us have those hollow cheeks that I believe are a sign of the long face.

As you can attest to, we all take matter of our own face more seriously lol.

But this is more about the lip strain than aesethics, it is tiring and uncomfortable to have to force my lips shut all day. And walking around with my mouth open isnt an option. I wonder if intrusion is a true option to a case like mine. I would prefer that over surgery because tbh I dont really care about my profile. Im just using that as a diagnostic tool.

Heavyweight

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »
I don't think you should get jaw surgery, to be honest. Your profile is a bit convex, but it looks balanced and masculine because of your strong chin. I actually think a rhinoplasty would do far more to improve your profile than upper and lower jaw surgery, and it's a much simpler operation.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:32:12 PM by Heavyweight »

streo

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »
Tdawg - I think you look fine.  I PM'd you a profile pic of me biting down and holding my jaw forward for you to compare against.  At the most you could do a genioplasty or maybe even a chin implant.

EDIT: Ever try growing some facial hair?  I grew a goatee once and people who know me said it balanced out my face completely.  Even by my own standards I looked completely different (I shaved it off after the first surgeon suggested to me that I might be trying to hide my "deformity" - his word!).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:01:36 PM by streo »

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »
Wow that morph thing is cool

tdawg

• Private
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 05:29:08 PM »
Thanks everyone. Now that I am pretty settled in my new place, I am still going to go on a consult with an ortho, just to see if there is any way to fix my bite and relieve some of the tension on my mouth. That is my main concern.

Edit BTW: I am taking the pictures down now, Heavyweight can you please remove that morph? Nice job btw, you would have sold me on the rhinoplasty if I was interested in that kind of thing.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
yeah dont get jaw surgery!!!

i even like your dorsal hump, i think hw took a tad too much off

Eroica

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2012, 02:17:30 AM »
Looks like you have a fairly mild lower jaw deficiency. However I think you'd probably benefit more from midface augmenation and a rhinoplasty than jaw surgery. Your orbital rims especially look very hollow.