Author Topic: Rhinoplasty and Jaw augmentation Dr mommaerts ??  (Read 11548 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Rhinoplasty and Jaw augmentation Dr mommaerts ??
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 08:38:23 PM »
I'd a few thousand.  I'd go for filler if I were you, it's good for depressions like this

re: the original post

- having had rhino with bump work, no I would not recommend doing rhino with bump work at the same time as jaw surgery.  A lot of swelling, a lot of healing...
- personally I wouldn't do a rhino with a max fac
- a lot of people recently have not been happy with Mommaerts.  However, he does have a lot of experience, is affordable, and an eye for aesthetics.  I myself was just not taken with the surgical plan, which was for a relatively small advancement (5-6mm) and CW rotation to open the bite, when I feel I need significantly more than this, in the 8-10mm range, and CCW to flatten the plane and lengthen the face.  This seems to be consistent with some of the complaints that those who have had surgery with him recently - insufficient movement.  If I agreed with the surgical plan and it was something pretty simple (e.g. straight BSSO) then I'd have not much issue using him

Sorry for hijacking the thread here, but one last quick question. What filler is good for the nose. Theres a plastic surgeon in San Francisco near me that does nose fillers and uses either artefill, radiesse, juvederm or restylane. Ive heard bad stuff about using artefill in the nose, so maybe I can go for restylane. I know it doesnt last that long, but I know that in places like the tear troughs and nose, it can last up to a year since they dont move around as much.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:50:27 PM by nrelax11 »

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 12:17:06 PM »
The only thing that first guy got was photoshop. Why is his hair exactly the same? Typical scamming Indian doctors.
I suspect all of them have been modified to some extent.

Actually, his eyes are looking in different directions.  The lips are slightly different. The hair is exactly the same because the pictures are taken literally a few minutes apart.  I pulled them off google images so potential for 'shopping...but my friend had this procedure and it looked pretty good.
Also, Payman Simoni is not exactly an indian name

@gregor - yes, I guess so.  I guess I am confused myself because he has some good before/afters but his surgical plan for me, didn't seem so great

@nrelax - what good is filler for the nose?  Not too bad especially for cases like yours.  Google 'non surgical nose job'.  I'd go for radiesse if I were you.  Juvederm/restylane is a bit soft and doesn't last long enough.  Artefill is technically an implant, it is usually fine but sometimes, it gets rejected after a few years.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:22 PM »
@weakjawbrah Yea the photo is taken the same day. The injections dont take long and the results are pretty right there after. I cant wait to get this stupid dent in my nose fixed lol. Its annoying, I feel like my excessive vertical growth of my maxilla messed with my orbital rim because I have stupid hallows under my eyes. But a lot of the hallowness comes from my nasal bone when I smile. So this next month im getting restylane in my tear troughs and maybe by winter time Ill get my nose fixed and by then my jaw will be healed too! Gah, cant wait:)

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 04:42:13 PM »
Actually, his eyes are looking in different directions.  The lips are slightly different. The hair is exactly the same because the pictures are taken literally a few minutes apart.  I pulled them off google images so potential for 'shopping...but my friend had this procedure and it looked pretty good.
Also, Payman Simoni is not exactly an indian name

@gregor - yes, I guess so.  I guess I am confused myself because he has some good before/afters but his surgical plan for me, didn't seem so great

@nrelax - what good is filler for the nose?  Not too bad especially for cases like yours.  Google 'non surgical nose job'.  I'd go for radiesse if I were you.  Juvederm/restylane is a bit soft and doesn't last long enough.  Artefill is technically an implant, it is usually fine but sometimes, it gets rejected after a few years.

Are there not harder, more permanent solutions to what they're offering here? Like bone grafting for example.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 04:43:20 PM »
@weakjawbrah Yea the photo is taken the same day. The injections dont take long and the results are pretty right there after. I cant wait to get this stupid dent in my nose fixed lol. Its annoying, I feel like my excessive vertical growth of my maxilla messed with my orbital rim because I have stupid hallows under my eyes. But a lot of the hallowness comes from my nasal bone when I smile. So this next month im getting restylane in my tear troughs and maybe by winter time Ill get my nose fixed and by then my jaw will be healed too! Gah, cant wait:)

Sounds exciting, I hope it all works out for you. I'm in a similar situation. Hopefully within this year all my issues will be solved :)
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 05:45:35 PM »
Sounds exciting, I hope it all works out for you. I'm in a similar situation. Hopefully within this year all my issues will be solved :)

Yes, I hope after all this is done,  we can be at peace with our looks :)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 04:11:22 AM »
PM me a pic and I'm happy to give you my thoughts
I keep meaning to post my pics on the forum.  But I've lost some weight since my ortho took the pictures, so I would need new pictures.  But I think pictures not taken with a proper lens can be deceiving.  My face is a lot wider in ortho's photos compared with my phone camera.  I need to sort out a camera.