Author Topic: Ceph reading  (Read 3004 times)

Antbee

Ceph reading
« on: September 19, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »
Can anyone help decipher the following movements? I had thought I got it, then realized from others' discussions that Arnett and Gunson actually use a + sign to mean moving back if its the lower jaw. Am now confused. This is what I have:

Maxila                      A-P           Vert

ANS                         +1.1         -4.5
PNS                         +1.1          -4.5    
MX1 tip                    +1.1          -4.5
Molar MB cusp tip       +1.1          -4.5

Mandible                  A-P            Vert

Md1 tip                     +2.1         +4.0
Molar MB cusp tip       +1.1          +4.5
B Point                     +1.1          +4.5
Pog                          +2.7          +4.8
Genioplasty                +1.6          +0.3

Kristen

• Private
Re: Ceph reading
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 03:39:48 AM »
What is blowing up of cheeks??    Do the cheek grafts hurt?

CK

• Private
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
What is blowing up of cheeks??    Do the cheek grafts hurt?

closing your lips and inhaling. for several weeks i was told i couldn't do this, and given several demonstrations. for example, you have to rinse your mouth 8 times a day for a week or two or when Gunson/Arnett says you can use a toothbrush. even when you can use a toothbrush, it is unlikely youll be able to fit a baby tooth brush to get the back and bottoms of your tooth...so rinsing continues. combo of salt water and hydrogen  peroxide.

cheek grafts....don't necessarily hurt, but im pretty sure they contributed to the swelling. some of the swelling was hitting my eyes, and i felt like arnold of total recall when he is on the surface of mars.

protecting the cheek graft was basically terrorism. so soft for so long...and if you fall asleep on your side they flatten. nothing they can do about it, so i was told.

Joy

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:52:06 PM »
CK,

How did you ensure that you didn't roll on your side throughout the night?  Sleep in a chair?  Pillow forts?  That does sound pretty stressful! 

May I also ask what procedures you had done?

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »
Did they readjust your cheek grafts in the weeks following surgery?

CK

• Private
Re: Ceph readingpi
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
CK,

How did you ensure that you didn't roll on your side throughout the night?  Sleep in a chair?  Pillow forts?  That does sound pretty stressful! 

May I also ask what procedures you had done?

i slept at a 40-50* angle for the first two weeks. i had about 16 down pillows surrounding my entire body. i had my arms away from my face so i dont fall asleep on my arms (BAD!!). i had a pillow below my shoulders so i didnt roll over. i slept on this adjustable futon in the hotel. sleeping at home was worse, because my bed is straight, no futon.

it was extremely stressful. i remembered to ask gunson about the cheek grafts and their status and he said they were just fine and right where they should be. he does xrays to confirm.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »
I can definitely see how that would be nerve wracking.   I think I would go crazy constantly looking at the areas to see if it moved or was perfectly even and symmetrical.