Author Topic: Orthognathic surgery overview  (Read 2868 times)

streo

Orthognathic surgery overview
« on: September 24, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »
I'm posting this with a general title, but the main interest to some people here is the section describing the modified Lefort I osteotomy that includes an osteotomy of the sub-orbital rim:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1279747-overview

Jack

Re: Orthognathic surgery overview
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:10:25 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty interesting, thanks --I was interested in this procedure --but I've heard(anecdotally) that most surgeons don't perform the lefort one with suborbital advancement, because unless you have a syndrome or whatever it's not worth the risks --specifically cutting into the suboribtal bone can lead to blindness --again this is all anecdotal --one would have to consult with a surgeon who actually performs this operation and ask them. I mean I'd have it done if it would address my weak frontal malar area and the deficiency I have under my eyes. It would be nice if we had like a guest day with a doc and he went through all of this answering our questions! But any more info on this modified lefort 1, especially before and after pics of someone who has had the procedure would be welcome!

KateTurner

Re: Orthognathic surgery overview
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 10:20:12 PM »
It was really worth gaining. This article helped me to clear many surgical issues. Keep posting !
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:34:02 PM by KateTurner »