Author Topic: Pretty amazing upper jaw surgery results  (Read 8098 times)

x

• Private
Pretty amazing upper jaw surgery results
« on: September 26, 2012, 09:12:10 AM »
Someone showed me this video, definitely one of the most impressive results I've seen on a guy yet

Kristian: Upper Jaw Surgery before and after (thanks Ben)

x

• Private
Re: Pretty amazing upper jaw surgery results
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:40:57 AM »
No there is nothing spectacular about his results at all. I'm not trying to be negative --I've seen this case before. What's giving you the impression that his results are amazing is that he's quite handsome afterwards, right? I know, I thought so too --and he is. But it's not the jaw surgery per se that actually accomplished that really. He's kind of a unique case because he had all the features to be quite good looking before jaw surgery --he has a compact midface, well proportioned features etc.. Broad cheekbones, and a broad and strong lower jaw.  He just had this one element, the retruded midface which was throwing everything off and in a sense detracting from his overall handsomeness. That one little element being moved forward kind of just allowed everything else to just POP and now he looks amazing. But I do not think we can look at his results and expect that jaw surgery will necessarily do the same for us. I think his situation is somewhat unique in that his deficiency REALLY threw off his face and detracted from all the other perfect features and since it was in the midface it was difficult to see how it was warping everything. I don't think there was necessarily anything especially skillful about his surgery or anything --it was just a unique situation. This is not to say others might similarly benefit as he has, but in the hundreds of before/afters I've looked at, his is the only one that produced such a dramatic overall result, and I think the reasons have little to do with the skill of the surgeon or anything.
All I commented on was the results dude, I don't know enough about his before situation to comment on the finesse of the surgeon. Secondly, I don't see a compact midface, I see a normal looking one. Don't see broad cheekbones either, but I'll agree on the strong jaw before. That figures because it was an upper jaw issue, not lower.

I think you're entirely too negative, this hasn't changed my outlook on surgery at all. I saw an impressive surgery result and wanted to share it, I'm happy for him that his case turned out so well. I don't mean to be mean, but if anyone you're the one with insanely unrealistic expectations which will never be met, and sadly which will probably mean you'll never be completely happy with yourself.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:51:58 AM by Euphoria »

x

• Private
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
This video could lead one to have unrealistic expectations --that's all I was suggesting. You haven't had jaw surgery yet, right? I know several people who have and I've met them in person and their "afters" did not result in anything so dramatic as the video above. I don't really understand how I can be both "negative" and simultaneously harbour unrealistic expectations. And I really don't understand why you took my observations so personally, calm down.
You're unrealistic in that you think you can capture the "classically handsome in the Greek sense" (your words not mine) via surgery, I think in the end you'll look plastic and worse off then if you had only gotten necessary surgeries.

I ain't mad, your nitpicking obsession with the superficial just gets irritating. And then after you've sufficiently irritated the other person, you pull the 'woah chill out bro, it's not a big deal!' card.

Then again, I'd be beating a dead horse by pointing out your inherently trolling nature.

Heavyweight

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »
Great results, but he was very handsome before surgery, and the lighting is much better in the after video. Still, his midface did improve dramatically, and someone with worse features who had his surgery would still look significantly better, even if they don't end up being very attractive like this guy did.

x

• Private
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
there's nothing unrealistic in aspiring to have somewhat "classically Greek" facial proportions --all that really means is that ones features are balanced, in equillibrium and proportion and also a particularly aquiline profile to my nose, which I already have. So I don't have a very far way to go --once my lower jaw/chin balances out my upper face I'm in that general ballpark. Nothing unrealistic at all --it''s just that as we have seen from numerous before and afters the end results are somewhat unpredictable and not everyone has as dramatic a transformation in their after picss. You really need to chill out man.

if you say so

x

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:59:58 PM »
Wait, what happened to all of Jack's posts? I'm looking awfully schizophrenic in this thread now.

Antbee

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:38:02 PM »
Is it me or does he seem more confident in his demeanor too post-surgery? Maybe that's my perception simply because his looks are radically improved. Amazing case study - I mean the guy was good -looking before so that's probably a lot of it - but seriously, upper jaw only and he looks so great. Looks aside, I wish he'd commented on his functional improvements - I'd be interested to hear how he is getting on with his new teeth positioning. I'm beginning to wonder how it will feel to be able to actually fit my tongue in my mouth and maybe talk without lisping and would love to hear more from people about the weirdness/ greatness of that experience.

Antbee

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 11:04:59 PM »
I thought you'd seen all my info but yeah I'm having a 3-piece le fort to widen, plus I'm told the movements will create space for my tongue which is great

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
All of our cases are so similar!

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 12:05:01 PM »
I cant see the video, could someone repost it?