Author Topic: Surgery with Arnett 10/11  (Read 48279 times)

treevernal

• Private
Re: Surgery with Arnett 10/11
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 09:14:28 AM »
Antbee, you look amazing.  Seriously, you look like an actress in the after shots.  You must be thrilled.  Sorry to hear that not everyone has been supportive; I hope they'll come around.

Question for you about the dead teeth.  I had surgery with Arnett on 1/17 and one of my upper incisors turned purple.  Arnett told me that if it's purple its a good sign but if it turns brown ill need a root canal.  Were your teeth ever purple/was there hope before they were declared dead?  Just wondering if my tooth has a shot or not.

Anyway, sounds like things are going well for you!  Hope your recovery gets better and better :)

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 09:45:55 AM »
yeah, you look spectacular, you had greater features before hand, but yeah...if you had the desire to go on camera/act etc. you totally look great....

amazing to hear about the improvement in breathing

very scary to hear about the dead teeth and loss of taste/smell but as you say it's coming back so that's good, i'm sure you'll make a full recovery.....

pekay

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2013, 10:17:40 AM »
You definitely look great, no need to avoid mirrors. I'm sure that with time you will come to accept your new face.

There is a similar case going on over at lookyourbestuk, early 20s female patient had double jaw+genio with Prof MM had an amazing result but still she cannot accept her new self.

Why were you a high risk patient?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 10:42:50 AM by pekay »
Chopsticks > Spoons

Antbee

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
Thanks so much for the support guys. Tree- sorry to hear you're experiencing a tooth problem. Personally dr A and Lena have been extremely reticent to declare my teeth dead. They won't do this for a year. You also need to see an endodentist to test the life left in your tooth. I put my foot down and said ill be getting my teeth fixed before a year is up. I know they're dead- they're dark grey- plus I'm not willing to wait a year like that after going through all this. Apparently people experience temporary tooth color changes due to restricted blood flow. I finally put dr Gunson on the spot and said I needed to hear his opinion on if my teeth would recover. He said one of them was pretty certainly gone, the other may improve. I would say wait a few months and try not to worry. You have braces on so nothing you can do til they come off anyway. It sucks but if your tooth is dead it will be an easy fix I'm told. They remove the root and insert bleach pellets. Hope that helps.

Antbee

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 10:28:20 AM »
Pekay - thanks. I was high risk because my roots were so close together (very narrow jaw, large teeth). Dr A showed me an x ray and pointed out that getting a chisel between the roots to segment my jaw would be very hard. He didn't chip the roots but sometimes the teeth die if they're like this and there is no concrete reason.

Antbee

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 11:26:06 AM »
Yeah dead teeth will apparently function fine. They can cause pain I'm told though. Depends on the case.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 07:12:02 PM »
Hey antbee, I think I saw you at A&Gs this afternoon?  I was brushing in the bathroom when you knocked.  I thought you looked familiar!  LOL

Antbee

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 07:28:59 PM »
Hey! I actually got in line for the bathroom twice and saw two different people come out - I had to check in wij Cindy in between - so not sure which one was you now! Haah.
I was there getting my 'braces off' release form. An auspicious appointment!

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »
Oh wow, might you be getting them off earlier than expected?

Antbee

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
Right at the six month mark as predicted:)

Antbee

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
so I got my final before and afters from the doc. Update on my progress: I've had two root canals and internal bleaching of my front teeth which has made them look normal. I still can't feel my chin or cheekbones entirely but I have 'surface' feeling in those areas. My upper gums are mostly still numb. After getting braces off two weeks ago, my face took a while to adjust, but actually things have improved since these photos were taken as my lips have got more used to not having braces behind them.
Otherwise, my new airway/ nose is still the most incredible thing ever. I can't smell quite as well as I used to yet but it's improving, and my sense of taste is almost back to normal too.
Swelling is still there next to my nose and below my lower lip a bit, also my lower jaw should 'shrink' a bit in the future as the bone is overcompensating a bit as is normal in the months following surgery according to Arnett. Now just the bite equilibration bonding to do and I'm completely done with surgery. Any questions, feel free to ask here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Antbee

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
had to post pics separately as files were too big

Antbee

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »
last one

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »
Great change. improvements in every area of the face.
no mid face/eye crap.

great improvement, you must be thrilled!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 12:48:34 PM »
that's actually quite remarkable, you look like a different person (much better). At first I thought the after pics were taken from a closer shot scale but they're not right? The contours of your face altogether are much, much more pleasing and attractive. I guess this must be the HA paste grafting they did to smooth out the transition from your cheekbones to maxilla (in the 3/4 profile) and your mandibular angles etc.. It's not just the advancement, it's the filling out in those areas which is remarkable --do you think all that was the HA paste?