Author Topic: Advancement surgery with Dr Hangs from the UK? What to do?  (Read 3998 times)

backward lowerjaw

• Private
You can read about my situation in the previous thread,

Post Surgery for Le Fort 1 with pictures your feed back welcomed ]

I have been talking with Dr William Hang in America, and showed him my photographs, I told him of the concern of my tongue not having no room and will not fit in the upper arch, and having limited mobility, this is his reply.

"Most of the time the maxilla needs some widening and that is best done surgically, both your jaws needs advancing,
we set it up so that it can be done easily.That is part of the orthodontic preparation for surgery I would recommend a reputable surgeon one of only a few who can do this surgery correctly. The maxilla is usually advanced about 8mm, and the mandible comes forward more. Your tongue naturally gets more space since your jaws are further forward and wider."

The only problem is Dr Hangs is in California I am in the UK I really want him to do this as he knows what he is doing, realistically travelling to California form UK for braces work then surgery, if he was opened on weekends then possibly but he isn't. I have got about ?20000 worth of savings and my mortgaged is nearly paid off I am so tempted to quit my job remortgaged and go to America and finally get this done, I can not think of any one else who would do this here in the UK, I'm at a loss what to do.

brewer44

Re: Advancement surgery with Dr Hangs from the UK? What to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 01:59:18 AM »
If you're a fan of Dr. Hang then I highly advise you to see Dr. Mew instead.  I have spoke with both doctors and they are brilliant. Dr. Hang studied under Dr. Mew and holds seminars a few times a year with him.  I urge you to see Dr. Mew though since he is the "founder" of orthotropics and has much more experience under his belt.  Also, he and his son both reside in the U.K.  Google them.

Best of luck to you!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:15:50 AM by brewer44 »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 03:31:06 AM »
If you're a fan of Dr. Hang then I highly advise you to see Dr. Mew instead.  I have spoke with both doctors and they are brilliant.  I urge you to see Dr. Mew though since he is the "founder" of orthotropics and has much more experience under his belt.  Also, he and his some both reside in the U.K.  Google them.

Best of luck to you!
LOL, just, LOL.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 09:32:29 AM »
rofl, since I had the bust up with his son Michael earlier in the year! Fair play to him for refunding the money, If only we had the option to delete old posts.

Wordproblems

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 02:48:14 PM »
what is your problem with mew?

carlos30

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:11:59 AM »
what is your problem with mew?

lol, just lol

Macken

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 09:14:15 AM »
OP, how'd it go? Did you go forward with Dr Hang?

And for those who don't like Mew, can you expand why?