Author Topic: I want a revision  (Read 3247 times)

annaanna25

I want a revision
« on: March 30, 2014, 03:45:47 PM »
Hi

I had bimax a year and a half ago and I am so not happy with the results. My face looks too wide now. The surgeon moved both of my jaws forward 9mm. I had a high le fort 1 on upper jaw. Now i already had wide cheeks and a very short face and now i look like i just gained 50kg. I think that the movement was too great and what he should have done is push my upper jaw back and down to make my face look a bit longer. The weird thing is that nobody notice any difference. My parents, friends they all say i look the same. I talked to a plastic surgeon about this and he recommended a very, very good maxfac surgeon. I am a woman, but i look really rough now, masculin. I know I want a revision, but I need a very good surgeon. My concern is that they might refuse to do the surgery because I want it for cosmetic resons (my bite is perfect).

Please do share your opinion and perhaps the name of the surgeon that is really good (im in uk)

Gregor Samsa

Re: I want a revision
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 04:16:52 PM »
There are several members here that have good consultations with Paul Johnson. I'm not aware of anyone from here who has actually had surgery with him though but I'm considering it myself. If you're willing to go outside the UK then you have more options but I can't think of any surgeon I would recommend with 100% confidence.

DrBirbe

• Birbe
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 06:19:50 AM »
Do you think your cheek bones are to big now? How do you like your smile? And your profile?
Regards
Dr. Birbe
MD, DDS, PhD.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon.
Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Clinica Birbe Medical Director
www.birbe.org/en

annaanna25

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 03:29:50 PM »
Hi

My profile is fine. But it was fine before the surgery. It was the front of my face that i was not satisfied with and he knew that. He moved my upper jaw forward, but not my cheekbones and now they look deflated (i have big nasolabial and metolabial folds, my soft tissue just descended). My whole face is much bigger, fatter now. Nobody would notice anything unusal about my face, but I do look unattractive. I mean I do not cry about this, and I do not want to sound shallow, i know there are people who really suffer and nothing can be done, but still, I would like this to be corrected.

annaanna25

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
Gregor thank you.

I will look into it.