Author Topic: mandibular distraction osteogenesis  (Read 18232 times)

backward lowerjaw

• Private
mandibular distraction osteogenesis
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:20:02 AM »
Just being curious i have came across mandibular distraction where the lower law is widened during surgery, this does seem like a good idea especially people with mandibular hypoplasia. There doesn't seem to be any  surgeons in Europe who specialize this technique it is mainly in America.

Does anybody know any European surgeons who do mandibula widening or is it a case we are so behind the times here that there isn't any surgeons who perform this.

overbiter

Re: mandibular distraction osteogenesis
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:46:26 AM »
I've heard about people having this done on the NHS. So it does happen in the UK. I don't think it happens much anywhere though. It's probably because most people don't need lower jaw widening. Upper jaw widening with SARPE just seems to be much more common.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
The reason I ask is because my bite is knackered. I don't know if you looked at my other post but the reason why I kept having my lower jaw forward when closing is because this is where the left and right side of my teeth match up evenly when biting together, when I saw Dr Thuau and Mr Mew they said my jaws are aligned which is good but when I bite on my left the right side does not meet and vice versa, my lower jaw is narrower than my upper jaw, I had an expander by Amir Kamburov about 3 years ago he over expanded messed up my whole bite and i later found out he did not even have a dental licence and was imprisoned, both jaws need to be widened for the bite to come together, below is an xray of my upper jaw I cannot have the upper jaw brought in line with my lower by narrowing the upper arch as my tongue could not fit in my upper half before the expansion, thus asking about advancing the lower the upper needs widening which i will hopefully get a surgeon to do when i have my upper and lower jaws advanced, but they must take in account the upper and lower teeth must meet correctly, the orthodontist i'm with at the moment is thick as 2 bricks.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:54:26 PM by backward lowerjaw »

overbiter

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
Your best bet is to wait 6 months, then get double jaw surgery with Thuau. That is, if you can afford the treatment.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 07:38:51 AM »
I think I will see Dr Birbe soon, to see about expanding the upper jaw and doing a od on the lower jaw then expanding both by about 7mm.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »
Overbiter what is the risks if jaw surgery was done about 3-4 months after the original surgery?

overbiter

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »
I don't know, but obviously if the bone is not healed properly that limits the surgeon in what they can do. Why can't you wait a little bit, why the rush?

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 08:53:47 AM »
i'm very impatient, your right about the jaws need healing I will wait minimum of 6 months then start looking then

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 06:58:13 AM »
I have been in contact with Paul Johnsonn via email he has confirmed maxilomandibular advancement would be ?9700 with out braces, i'm curious what Mr Thuau would cost, this is something i should of asked him in the consultation. Just a few months of healing then i can see where i stand.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
Dr Amir Kamburov at it again while being struck off
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 12:53:04 PM »
Looks like Amir Kamburov (mentioned above )who messed my teeth and bite up and done me out of £6000 is at it again the f***ing c**t, been working illegally while been struck off.  Done some poor woman out of £7000. He will be sentenced next hope week they pull all his bastard teeth out and f**k his jaw joints up!

Link below interesting read

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/11558842.My_dentist_was_a_convicted_unlicensed_fraudster_says_shocked_patient/

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 09:45:28 AM »
What a bastard! Hope they throw the book at him this time.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 09:48:15 AM »
We sure know how to pick them.  ;D

sean89

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 04:14:07 PM »
Most of the famous swiss surgeons perform this procedure on adults.

sean89

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 07:14:58 PM »

Can Multiple Mandibular Advancement surgery be done completely using distraction osteogenesis?  That is, can the mandibular and maxillary be advanced using  distraction osteogenesis?

Yes.

Mark505

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »
Are you sure that this actually widens jaw and not only lengthens in similar manner as BSSO?