Author Topic: Advice? *pics*. Considering Zarrinbal...  (Read 10637 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Advice? *pics*. Considering Zarrinbal...
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
Yea its suppose to be kind of painful according to some girl vlog. She had invisalign.  I think her video is under the vlog section

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 03:59:26 PM »
Yea its suppose to be kind of painful according to some girl vlog. She had invisalign.  I think her video is under the vlog section

I don't see the point of invisalign only to have this horror later.

http://www.jawsurgeryblog.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15717

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 04:25:15 PM »
Oh geez :|  That and it takes longer I believe. Some people just really dont want braces. I just wanted the fastest route and didnt care how long it took.

myjawplease

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 01:18:15 PM »
I saw Zarrinbal in Berlin and then when I tried to schedule my actual surgery date from back in America, it was completely impossible. They claimed they couldn't find me in the system and I had to send an email. The emails would take two weeks to be responded to and when I did get a response, it wasn't with a surgery date like I requested. I think it's simply unfeasible to have surgery with Zarrinbal as an American based on my experience. I wasted 250? getting the X-rays he wanted.

I had sliding genioplasty with Dr. Jamali in NYC. I am very happy with results. I would have vastly preferred to get a chin wing with Zarrinbal (I think I'm the one who first started mentioning his name here and on other English sites - he's had a good reputation on German sites for a while), but what I got was still an improvement. The surgery itself only cost me $4500. Maybe he's worth considering.

MrRochester,
Did you try calling Zarrinbal's office at all? I had a German friend call last night and they instructed him to have me email his private email (which is diff from the one on his site) and send my photos and scans there which I did and will be having him follow up in a couple days. He also said the receptionist does speak a little English. Anyways, I saw Jamali's work on a female on Realself who had him take out her implant and do the sliding genio instead- it looked really good! If I end up staying in the states for this he is on my list to see for sure.

myjawplease

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 01:44:00 PM »
A new patient consultation with Gunson is $550.00 plus the cost of impressions (they're cheep, like $50.00). Ideally, they want the impressions made prior to the appointment, and then you bring them with you.

Do you have insurance?

Does anyone know if the $550-600 for Gunson includes plans/imaging?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 03:59:51 PM »
That's a pretty good price. X-rays here in Europe can cost as much as 300 euro depending on the hospital. Considering that a typical consultation with them lasts for several hours I think you're getting a lot of value for the money. I'm actually surprised they don't charge more.

Do you fancy a trip to Santa Barbara?  8)

MrRochester

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »
MrRochester,
Did you try calling Zarrinbal's office at all? I had a German friend call last night and they instructed him to have me email his private email (which is diff from the one on his site) and send my photos and scans there which I did and will be having him follow up in a couple days. He also said the receptionist does speak a little English. Anyways, I saw Jamali's work on a female on Realself who had him take out her implant and do the sliding genio instead- it looked really good! If I end up staying in the states for this he is on my list to see for sure.

Yes, I emailed his "private email", but it was also to no avail. I called his office a couple of times, and that's what the receptionist told me to do.