Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55209 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Some before and after pics
« on: May 02, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »
Im biting down here and you can see my teeth still. I show more with a relaxed face.

This profile pic sucks, but my bottom lip sticks out further than my upper.

heres with my mouth closed. As you can see I have no visible strain, but I cant shut it with being very uncomfortable

Does my mandible seen recessed at all? I still dont,it know if my lower jaw is going to be lengthened, but If my surgeon is going to be advancing my upper jaw, id figure it would be. They've opened up my overbite a bit, but it doesnt seem to be too big. My overjet is bigger too, but hopefully since theyre impacting my maxilla, the auto-rotation will close it. Fingerd crossed that my lower jaw wont be touched. According to my ortho, everytime i ask him about my lower, he says people always get better results if both jaws are advanced in the same situation as me.

Can anyone tell me usually how long planning takes for the surgeon before surgery? He knows I want It sometime in the beginning half of June,  but I dont know if that will happen.

Here are some before:

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:36:15 AM by nrelax11 »

sean89

Re: should mandible be lenghtned? Some before pics
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 10:18:11 PM »
I think you should try and maintain the current relationship of your jaws (since you already quite good-looking) and ask the surgeon what the lower jaw movements would be to keep such a relationship, and if it is less than 3mm and not going to help you functionally, then you should avoid it imo.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
I think you should try and maintain the current relationship of your jaws (since you already quite good-looking) and ask the surgeon what the lower jaw movements would be to keep such a relationship, and if it is less than 3mm and not going to help you functionally, then you should avoid it imo.

So you think I should just have impaction? My ortho said I need advancement of my maxilla along with my impaction.  I for surely need the impaction done because the lip incompetence is driving me crazy and putting a ton of strain on my mouth. I really dont remember when the verticle growth occured. I feel like after high school my upper jaw slowly got longer and I got a gummier and gummier smile. I'll find out around the 20th what type of movements Ill need

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 05:22:46 PM »
So I got my xrays and molds taken today. I f**king thought this was my last appointment before setting up a surgery date, but no. I have to wait another month to close some gaps and then be in bands for a little bit. He said I should be ready by July though. Im setting up my appointment tomorrow to see my surgeon though :)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:07:51 PM »
BSSO looks simpler than lefort, but it's one mother of an operation by all accounts.  Your profile is balanced already.  The autorotation should be enough, IMO.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
BSSO looks simpler than lefort, but it's one mother of an operation by all accounts.  Your profile is balanced already.  The autorotation should be enough, IMO.

Yea I really really dont want a BSSO. Just a lot less risk without it. I'll try and get the photos of my bite from my ortho and see what you guys think about my overbite/overjet. I really would like my maxilla advanced because I am recessed, but im worried if I have that done, the auto-rotation from my impaction wont be enough to close my bite.

Seeing my surgeon on the 2nd of June to discuss my surgery plans. Maybe sooner, but im waiting for my othro to send him a few things. Ill probably get a estimate on what type of movements Ill be having. I havent seen him in a while, so he can see what my overbite looks like nown
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:05:40 PM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 01:20:11 PM »
So I saw my surgeon today and im going to be scheduling my surgery within this next week. It wont be untill around mid July though since I still have a few tweaks with my braces. Soooo, he told me its all up to me, but that I should also have my maxilla and mandible advanced. He said my maxilla will be advanced around 4 or 5 mm, but he still need to do measurements and s**t. I knew I should have just got my moldings and xrays from my ortho cuz it still didnt arrive when my damn ortho sent it over a week ago.

Lets see... He said he'll most likey shave my anterior nasal spine a little and he does a v-y suture and the alar-cinch. So im glad he mentioned most of those before I even asked if he does them. So my next ortho appointment isnt untill the 17th, so Ill post something new then.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 11:08:55 AM »
So I talked to my surgeon about my impaction and this is what he told me "....if we're justimpactio doing an impaction, then I may have to impact less than if we were doing both an impaction and an advancement. With an advancement, the maxilla tends to move forward and downward so more impaction is necessary. I'd say at least a minimum of 4 to 5 mm, but probably more depending on how much forward movement we plan on doing "

Why does maxilla move a little down from advancement?  Is it just from the way it is cut?

Damn, I messed up on bolding the words lol. I also forgot to mention my options. Maxillary impaction/ +/-mandible advancement or bimax with the impaction. I think at this point im just going with the bimax. I mean if hes already advancing the mandible,  mise advance my upper since its recessed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:34:13 PM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »
Damn, so I called to schedule a date in July and theyre booked :/ Well they have an opening on the 28th, but thats if a patient doesnt want to schedule in july. This blows,  I had everything scheduled around having surgery in July since I have school in August and I cancelled going to summer school because my surgeon said id be able to book in July. The wait is so frustrating. I just want to get this over with.  I know people have had to wait a lot longer,  but its annoyonh when you think youll have surgery a certian time, get all excited, but find out its not happening

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 05:22:55 PM »

Got my hooks on:) Just waiting to figure out a date. See if they can fit me in sometime at the end of July.

Update: I got a date, July 28th. The scheduler has to double check with the main schedule person, but im hoping that will be the date because I start school the 18th of August. Ug, Im nervous now that I know when its actually happening. knowing how fast these months in braces have gone makes me know that this month wait is going to go by quick.

Yea so my surgery is for surely on July 28th. Got my pre op appointment on the 15th ajd just need to go back to my ortho to get a new set of molds to bring with me. Im starting to get a little more confident in myself and try not to worry so much, but I know when it gets closer and closer,  im going to get nervous.  Im just trying to stay as positive as possible. I want to be like those girls on youtube who go into surgery looking all excited. If they can do it, so can I!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:17:22 AM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Some before pics
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 06:32:19 PM »
Had my pre op appointment today. So I am not going to be wired shut and actually just going to be lightly banded. My bite is actually class 1 which I didnt know. I mean I figured my bite couldnt be that bad since I already had braces before.

jesterofmalice

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 03:40:31 PM »
What country you live in, Nrelax?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »
What country you live in, Nrelax?

In the United States, California

So he also gave me an estimate on my movements, but still needs to do the practice surgery/look at my scans an all and he'll let me know the exact measurments. So my upper jaw will be advanced anywhere from 5-7 mm, impacted 5-6 mm and my mandible will be advanced around 7 mm.

And again, the reason im having so much impaction is because of the maxillary advancement.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 04:52:37 PM »
I don't have anything to offer, but good luck with your surgery, and thanks for your honesty with posting pictures and everything!

I hope the next several weeks go by super quick for you! Good luck, and happy healing! (I hope your girlfriend/ex-girlfriend/on a break girlfriend is doing better, too.)

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »
Thanks LoveofScotch :D we're both doing good and I feel a lot more prepared for surgery.  Especially knowing that I'll only be lightly banded. Not being able to breath well was my first fear, so its nice to know that I'll have a little movement in my mouth.