Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55358 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Some before and after pics
« Reply #105 on: April 12, 2015, 10:31:05 AM »
It could be a scar tissue issue. Try doing lots of stretching exercises, see if that helps.

I'll give it a shot,  thanks Modigliani

Oh, and I got my braces off like two weeks ago finally. Didnt fully close my bite on the left side, but he said my retainer will do the rest of it. I mean when I wore my bands a lot the gap would close fully, its just at the end I was kind of crappy at wearing my bands. I should post a pic soon. Teeth look a lot whiter without the braces on
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 05:18:11 PM by nrelax11 »

terry947

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
Ya nice man. Finally done. Congrats.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2015, 09:15:37 PM »
Mine are of next week.  Bite is super solid, but the black triangles...

LoveofScotch

« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2015, 09:59:32 PM »
Hey nrelax11,

Do you think it could be muscular? When you smile do you think you're pulling harder with one cheek, or favoring one side of your face in general? I don't know if that makes any sense, it's just a thought.

Glad the braces are gone!

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2015, 06:05:10 AM »
Congrats!! I bet it was awesome to get them off!! How long is the 'norm' post op??

@plosko, what black triangles? Can they be fixed?

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2015, 08:05:39 AM »
It could be a scar tissue issue. Try doing lots of stretching exercises, see if that helps.

Also try massaging and pinching the tissue to break it down, I found that really helped to loosen and soften, assuming it is scarring of course.

Congrats on being brace free, I'm very very jealous!

Look forward to seeing your final pics  :)

kjohnt

« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
It looks like you haven't been active for a couple of months so I assume all is going well!

I feel the pain you went through given your previous orthodontics and herbst appliance.  My situation is similar except I had cervical headgear.  But it works by retracting the maxilla so the maxilla will fit the mandible just like the herbst appliance does (except the herbst supposedly simultaneously brings the mandible forward, but idk... either way, any retraction will come with undesirable effects).

Anyway, if you see this, I want to know how long you wore braces this second time around, specifically the time period prior to surgery.  I.e. how long did it take to decompensate and get your bite to an ideal pre-surgical position?