Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55394 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Some before and after pics :)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 07:21:41 AM »

One immediate positive is my tongue space. Feels really good having a lot more room :)

I had posted on another thread saying my chin and bottom lip were completely numb, but this morning I for surely have some feeling in those areas. f**k yess!! Weird s**t here, but let me tell you a little story. I had a cousin who killed himself in 2004(strung out on meth). So a week ago, I randomly had a dream about him and havent thought about him in years and then the night before my surgery my mom did too. My parents told me that right when they saw me, I looked like my cousin Brian.  Thought that was kind of freaky.

Oh and so my my maxilla was impacted 5mm and advanced 7mm and mandible was also advancement 7mm.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:46:14 PM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Some before pics
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 05:04:07 AM »
Last update for a little bit. Tonight was pretty s**tty. Um had a couple panic attacks and almost threw up from stupid liquid pain meds lol. Im not horribly swollen, but its very tight around my face and uncomfortable. Kind of sucks that I'm not numb because its a little more painful.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 05:37:21 AM »
Aww, you look adorable! The swelling in probably going to get a little worse though before it gets better but you're doing great.

Hang in there  ;)

PloskoPlus

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 06:11:45 AM »
That's a pretty big maxillary advancement.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 09:16:30 AM »
Aww, you look adorable! The swelling in probably going to get a little worse though before it gets better but you're doing great.

Hang in there  ;)

Thank you :) yea im pretty swollen today, but its not huuge like ive seen on people. I need to try and get more nutrients today but its been hard.
That's a pretty big maxillary advancement.

I know im swollen still but I like my side profile so far and it doesnt seem too big on my face. After one week I'll take a side profile shot.

For those who had surgery, did you get enough nutrition your first few days? Yesterday I had broth like twice, and two ensure and a ton of water. Im going to start having two ensure at a time and use some of the soup recipes from here.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:27:53 AM by nrelax11 »

LoveofScotch

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 09:56:37 AM »
You look really good! Hang in there, and I hope you're doing as well as possible!

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 10:44:03 AM »
Aww, you look adorable!

Agreed, want to give you a cup of soup!

Well done on getting through, now brace yourself for more swelling.  Don't freak out about the numbness because it happens when you swell...it will mostly be gone in 2 weeks

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 10:58:30 AM »
Agreed, want to give you a cup of soup!

Well done on getting through, now brace yourself for more swelling.  Don't freak out about the numbness because it happens when you swell...it will mostly be gone in 2 weeks

Im actually not too numb at all even with the swelling. The only area that is somewhat numb is my chin. Like my surgeon said, its good and bad. Good because I know I have feeling, but bad because I feel pain, which Is one of my only complaints right now besides the uncomfortable feeling of swelling lol. I'll post some side profiles actually in a little bit so you guys can see the swelling and a little idea of my advancements.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 11:14:32 AM »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2014, 09:50:11 AM »
Todays day 4. Swelling seems same as yesterday.

Woke up feeling kind of weird and out of it and ended up throwing up.  Not a fun experience at all, since at first it was jus dry heaves. Luckily my mom was there to calm me down because it felt like that was the end for me and i was gonna choke to death lol.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
Your result looks really good already. You're going to look amazing when the rest of the swelling goes down. Do you feel a lot of pressure when you rest your head?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2014, 10:14:17 AM »
Your result looks really good already. You're going to look amazing when the rest of the swelling goes down. Do you feel a lot of pressure when you rest your head?

Thanks Gregor Samsa :) Yea theres some pressure. I had some chronic neck pain before the surgery, so that hurts a little too. I guess it just feels like overall facial tightness from the swelling. One thing that is bothering me is the mucous in the back of my throat from my nasal passage.  I want to clear it, but then I feel like im going to choke when I do.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 10:24:40 AM by nrelax11 »

LoveofScotch

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »
Oh, sorry you puked. Was it as painful as it sounds?

Hope you're feeling a little better tonight.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »
Oh, sorry you puked. Was it as painful as it sounds?

Hope you're feeling a little better tonight.

It wasn't really painful,  just scary.  Gave me a little panic attack, which arent fun :/ but I made it lol.

I was doing a lot better after that was all over. Im hoping my swelling starts going down a little tomorrow because the pressure feeling in the cheeks is getting annoying. Its a pretty tough recovery id say, but all I can say is go in positive and just take it a day at a time. I think my mind has been through a lot in the past,  so I was able to handle it a little better than I thought I would. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:29:04 AM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 09:13:11 AM »
Grr, I keep throwing up in the monring :/ I actually use to get nauseous in the morning even before surgery and i dont lnow why. Could be from having an empty stomach. Now everytime I feel a little sick in the morning I get a little panicky because I dont want to throw up and then I end up doing so.