Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55419 times)

Modigliani

• Private
Re: Some before and after pics
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 12:39:14 PM »
Hmmm, morning sickness...not pregnant are you?  :P

Reckon your swelling will have peaked by now, so hopefully/fingers crossed/touch wood you should start to feel a bit more comfortable as the pressure lessens.

Are you managing to eat and drink enough?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 12:52:57 PM »
Hmmm, morning sickness...not pregnant are you?  :P

Reckon your swelling will have peaked by now, so hopefully/fingers crossed/touch wood you should start to feel a bit more comfortable as the pressure lessens.

Are you managing to eat and drink enough?

Oh no! I hope I'm not pregnant!  xD

Yea the swelling went down a smidge, but more so on the left though. I dont know why, but he only banded my right side and that side hurts more.

Ive been getting a lot of fluids, but I really should eat more because I know I could. I jus found out my mom has been really under feeding me. I mean it takes almost 5 full of the big syringes to drink a full cup of milk and ahe only been giving me 2. Ive lost 5 lbs which I dont care really,  but im going to start eating a lot more. Im down to 150, but I I went into surgery at like 157, so I lost a little over 5 lbs. God, I use to weigh 175lbs at the beginning of this year. Itll be easy to maintain my weight right now and then start gaining it back after my appointment on tuesday when I get my band loosened.

He might actually take them off though.  My condyle of my mandible seems to be popped out a tiny, tiny bit more on my right side and when I lightly feel it, I can feel it pulsating, but I guess its not as bad today. Is there a reason why its popped out more on that side? It could have been like that before and im just noticing it now. I can feel it pulsating on both sides, its just more prominent on the right. And that's the side that im banded on.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 08:27:00 PM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 09:31:51 PM »
Never mind, I have bands on both sides, its just that they are further back on the left side and I couldn't see them untill now.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »
If you're waking up nauseous, are you taking any meds at night right before going to bed on an empty stomach?

Hope you're doing alright.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 11:17:22 PM »
No, I think its just from being hungry in the morning and waking up with some anxiety.  I have a whole back story about why I get nauseous in the morning sometimes,  but im not going there. Ive been waking up at 4am every night,  so maybe I should have an ensure then so I have something in my stomach. Ill see how I am tomorrow morning, and thanks for the suggestions :) Everything is getting better since my swelling is going down. Getting all bruised now too lol.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »
I take it you're restricted to liquids at the moment?

You'll feel a lot more human when you can start eating solids. Mashed up eggs and mayo, avocado and cream cheese, banana and custard are a nice bland gently way to start.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2014, 10:56:23 AM »
I take it you're restricted to liquids at the moment?

You'll feel a lot more human when you can start eating solids. Mashed up eggs and mayo, avocado and cream cheese, banana and custard are a nice bland gently way to start.

Yea I think just till tuesday and then I can have all those soft foods :) I know, im already seeing food commercials and salivating at the sight of food :p---

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 11:55:35 AM »
I ate nothing but mashed up eggs for a week after my surgery. Never again!  ;D

I actually gained weight when I came home because it was Christmas so there was a lot of roasted duck that I blended with gravy and ate together with mashed potatoes.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
I ate nothing but mashed up eggs for a week after my surgery. Never again!  ;D

I actually gained weight when I came home because it was Christmas so there was a lot of roasted duck that I blended with gravy and ate together with mashed potatoes.

Yea I need to start blending food together next week or puree some food. Its just tedious eating with the syringe. Takes a long ass time. Lucky you gained weight tho!! I have trouble gaining weight if im not weight lifting

My swelling is definitely uneven now :/ I think its because my right side is the side that was always tense and clenched up. My muscles were bigger on that side. Well hopefully now my mouth will be more comfortable and the other side will even out over time once I can start chewing regularly

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 12:42:57 PM »
Its just tedious eating with the syringe. Takes a long ass time.

Eating soft food is also going to take a long time in the beginning. My eggs would get cold long before I had even finished half the portion. I recommend making soups and just blending everything. I would make broccoli soup and add some minced meat while it was cooking and then just blend everything.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2014, 01:07:10 PM »
It's great, really professional looking - that's why I wasn't sure if it was actually yours or just one you followed.

Not to be viewed when hungry though!  :P

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2014, 01:34:10 PM »
I would like to see some more paleo inspire recipies if you feel like doing that. Get good at making simple and delicious paleo recipies and you're bound to attract more followers. Do you post on Instagram?

I definitely agree! I try and eat paleo as much as possible, so id for surely follow :) You have really good recipes as Is though.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »
The UK has only just caught onto pulled pork, can't believe we've been deprived of this delicious delicacy for all these years! If it's cut up enough it should be easy enough to eat, well, swallow down anyway.

I'm not a massive fish lover but I found that an easyish enough way to get extra protein in me post op, helped that I couldn't really smell it or taste it properly, lol.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2014, 02:00:21 PM »
Just caught on to pulled pork!! Poor people lol. If you eat bread, pulled pork sandwiches are really good too:)

Next week I'll try a bunch of new things out. My grandparents are coming over, so maybe my grandma can do her thing and make me some yummy food hahah.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2014, 09:49:11 PM »
Oh, maybe an entire jaw surgery cookbook? Actually, scratch that, you two should do an entire jaw surgery book! Anywhere from recipes that are particle-free, to recipes that can be eaten through a syringe, to dishes that are dairy free (apparently dairy gives everyone pimples now), a section of soft foods that still have substance (pulled pork dishes!), etc.

Another part of the book could be discussing all things surgery: how to work with an orthodontist, treatment plans, surgical movements, black triangles, counterclockwise rotation, joint stuff, etc.

I suppose the market for a book like this would be pretty small, but we would all buy it! Even better if you could actually sell it at the surgeons office!