Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55410 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Some before and after pics
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2014, 09:29:20 PM »
Do your guys lips touch when you bite? Like if you relax your lips and bite, do your lips meet or is there tooth show.  Before surgery I exess incisor show and when I would bite down you could see a lot of my teeth. Now post op, when I bite down, instead of exess upper teeth showing, now my botton teeth show. I dont know if this is all mental and im just overly conscious of my lip position at rest because im not use to having it shut. I feel like my lower lip still kind of hangs a little and if it was in more my lip posture would be better. Should I see someone about oral posture? Its like I dont know where to have my tongue because before it kind of hung there in my mouth and put strain on my jaw muscles. I'll discuss this with my surgeon and see what he thinks. I guess I wish my lip sat more flat like it did when I was younger. I wish I never got braces or the herbts device when I was younger because id like to have know how my face would have grown naturally. Oh welll
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:01:46 PM by nrelax11 »

LoveofScotch

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2014, 06:23:21 PM »
I haven't had surgery yet, so I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not...

My lips come together naturally when I bite. I tried to randomly glance in the mirror today, and I really didn't see any teeth. A few times, I could maybe see just a small amount of the lower parts of my upper teeth (in the front). My tongue hangs out where it should except some of the time when I sleep. That's a new thing for me; I had always slept with my mouth closed and my tongue in the correct position until a few years ago. A cat walked in my back door, he never left, he sleeps by my pillow...I'm a little allergic to cats.

Are you doing OK?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2014, 11:15:03 AM »
Thanks for answering:)

Im doing a lot better,  because my pain issues are finally getting better after being able to exercise again:)

Regarding my mouth, I dont think my surgeon could have imapcted anymore because then I wouldnt have any teeth showing at rest and right now I have the perfect amount of tooth show. I just dont like how much bottom teeth show now,  and how my lower lip still hangs out a little, but I dont know if anything can be done about that. I also have a lot of allergies so its hard for me to breath through my nose.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »
I'm really glad you're able to exercise again, and that it's helping you! Chronic pain stuff is brutal :(

I hope as things continue to settle they get progressively better, too :)

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
So I might be getting my braces off in a couple weeks if the remainder of my bite closes on my left side. My right side is all closed up but the left is being a little stubborn.  Although usually when I wake up in the morning,  its closed, but opens up a little throughout the day.  I also wonder if my surgeon had known that my two from teeth were shaved down a mm, that he might have impacted my upper jaw a little more. I feel like a mm more would have been a little better. I mean my lip incompetence is pretty much fixed, but it doesnt feel completely natural keeping my mouth shut sometimes. I dont know, maybe its my muscles or in my head. I just know that when I bite down, which is an extra mm, my lips feel naturally sealed. And I cant walk around clenching all the time lol

PloskoPlus

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2014, 11:24:59 PM »
Good to hear.  How do you feel about your maxillary advancement?  How much was it, BTW? (Because your upper jaw didn't look recessed to me pre-op).  Has the shape/length of your upper lip changed?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2014, 08:03:19 AM »
My maxilla was advanced 7 mm. At first I didnt like it, but as the swelling went down im liking it a lot more. It just makes my cheek bones look a lot better and made my face look less flat. My lip length didnt change too much, but the slight upturning of my nose does make it appear a little bit longer, but then again, sometimes my nose goes down by the end of the day and it doesnt look bad. My philtrum was straight before surgery and still is so after, so thats good. At first it stuck out, but that was just swelling.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 08:19:47 AM by nrelax11 »

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »

Ill post some frontal ones soon, but yea, only thing that I dont like is the nose upturn. Now that just looked back at my before because, I really hope it goes down a little in the next few months. Im sure it will, but I wouldnt totally hate it if it didnt and its a pretty easy fix through nose surgery. Just soft tissue.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2014, 09:23:39 AM »
I haven't seen any frontal pictures but you look really good from the side at least. I don't see anything wrong with the nose even after you've pointed out the issues you're having with it.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2014, 09:55:03 AM »
Ill post some frontal ones soon. I was going to wait till 6 months, but I can post some ones earlier. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2014, 11:53:34 PM »
could you tell us how you're doing in terms of eating etc..

PloskoPlus

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2014, 05:19:45 AM »
I was afraid you'd look chimpy after such a large advancement of your upper jaw, but you've turned out great.  Your profile looks "deep" and strong.  Congrats!  My ortho told me that he's seen difference in 12 and 24 months photos post-op - upper lip swelling can be really persistent in some cases.  Getting the braces off will probably make the lip come down a bit more as well.  BTW, your nose looks good (at least from the side).

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2014, 08:07:49 AM »
could you tell us how you're doing in terms of eating etc..

I actually just had my first steak a couple days ago, although it was really tender, but it still felt like an accomplishment lol. Im pretty much back to eating normal, and the chewing really helps with my range of motion and overall better feeling in my jaw. I hope I can get back to my full range of motion of 4 fingers, because im at 3 right now, but I wouldnt care that much.

I was afraid you'd look chimpy after such a large advancement of your upper jaw, but you've turned out great.  Your profile looks "deep" and strong.  Congrats!  My ortho told me that he's seen difference in 12 and 24 months photos post-op - upper lip swelling can be really persistent in some cases.  Getting the braces off will probably make the lip come down a bit more as well.  BTW, your nose looks good (at least from the side).

Thanks:) Yea at first I thought I was going to look chimp like because of my upper lip being swollen, but now that its down a lot, im very pleased. Im really hoping that the braces coming off will actually bring my lips a tiny bit closer, because that will help a lot.

babyface99

« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2014, 03:24:30 AM »
Holy s**t you look like a completely different guy, great results you definetly went up like two points man good for you

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2014, 02:07:02 PM »
Holy s**t you look like a completely different guy, great results you definetly went up like two points man good for you

I have one problems guys, and its bothering me. When I feel my jawline and feel where the cuts were made, its almost like that area sticks out more than the rest of my jawline. Or like right before you start getting closer to my chine on my jawline, its too wide. Could that just be the bone healing? Its really making my face look narrower than it is. When I pull the skin back there, my jaw looks a lot more defined and my face looks wider. Ug, will this heal or will I have to do something about it? I dont like it at all :/