Author Topic: Some before and after pics  (Read 55369 times)

LoveofScotch

Re: Some before and after pics
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »
Did you lose 30 pounds from braces and jaw surgery, or was it from some other stuff?

Thanks for your posts, nrelax11 :)

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2014, 10:58:40 PM »
Oh no, I lost most of the weight from having to stop weightlifting in thr beginning of this year. When I dont workout I kind of stop eating a lot

PloskoPlus

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2014, 11:31:02 PM »
Hahah, that site sucks, noe one responds lol.

Exactly PloskoPlus!!! I look at pics of me before surgery, and my flat face appered a lot wider. I mean some days I like the upper jaw advanced because it gives more definition to me, but then again, I liked the wider appearance before. And the lip is the same as yours too. My co worker who hadnt seen my new face yet told me that my upper lip looks thinner but it looks the same to me, its just that it doesnt curve upward as much and appears a little flatter.  I need to give everything some more time and for surely put some weight on. The upper jaw advancement was all up to me, butmy surgeon and ortho thought it would be a good iidea, im wondering if just a smaller lower advancement and the impaction would have looked better, but then again, I like my side profile though. I like the front better than the side  lol.

IMO Le Fort I advancement is usually a compromise.  Recession of the maxilla is usually accompanied with some kind of infraorbital and zygomatic deficiency.  Well at least that's the case with me.  But we can't all be getting Le Fort IIIs. 

IMO, you're fixating on just on one perspective of your face, whereas people see you in motion from all sort of angle. The extra depth of your face is an overall win.  Maybe a 45 degree (semi-profile) view is a better angle to judge from.  Anyway, in a couple of months your self-perception filters will have adjusted and you will think that everything is fine.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »
IMO Le Fort I advancement is usually a compromise.  Recession of the maxilla is usually accompanied with some kind of infraorbital and zygomatic deficiency.  Well at least that's the case with me.  But we can't all be getting Le Fort IIIs. 

IMO, you're fixating on just on one perspective of your face, whereas people see you in motion from all sort of angle. The extra depth of your face is an overall win.  Maybe a 45 degree (semi-profile) view is a better angle to judge from.  Anyway, in a couple of months your self-perception filters will have adjusted and you will think that everything is fine.

I have some hallows under my eyes but I got filler injections. Actully going to be doing that again in about a month, didnt like the last injector.

Your right about the being in motion. Thats why I hate photos, im not very photogenic. Im sure in  a few months I'll have moved on, and not thinking about any of this.  Ive read about a lot of people not liking themselves at like 4 months, but by one year, theyre totally happy. So that makes me feel a lot better.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »
Does anyone know roughly how much the lips moves once your braces are off. Does the top lip drop like a mm? I mean since braces stick our around that much, maybe a smidge more.

ForeverDet

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2015, 12:25:49 AM »
Does anyone know roughly how much the lips moves once your braces are off. Does the top lip drop like a mm? I mean since braces stick our around that much, maybe a smidge more.

It depends... if your upper incisors have been brought forward enough to touch your upper lip... then yeah once your braces are off then you should see some more coverage of your teeth so you'll show less upper incisor display at rest. Could be up to a millimeter but I can't imagine it being more than that. I think mine covered maybe half of millimeter more after braces came off but it's hard to tell. Are you concerned about your inter-labial gap or...?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2015, 01:08:43 AM »
I just didnt want to lose all my tooth show at rest, but im pretty sure im going to get my two front teeth lengthened because I had them shaved down a little a couple years ago. I mean when I smile, my upper lip always gets stuck on my braces when my lip is coming back down, so I imagine getting them removed will bring my lip down a little. Just three more months :) Im more excited to get them off than when I was getting them off in high school.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2015, 11:26:26 PM »
I think you look fantastic in the photos!! Braces off will be a big day, bet your hanging!

Great to see the pics.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2015, 12:34:43 PM »
I think you look fantastic in the photos!! Braces off will be a big day, bet your hanging!

Great to see the pics.

Thanks! Yea should be getting the braces off in April

PloskoPlus

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2015, 12:39:43 AM »
Thanks! Yea should be getting the braces off in April

That's a hell of a long time in braces post-op.  I was told I won't need the usual post-op 6 months immediately post-op, but now it looks like it'll be around that at least.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2015, 11:52:38 AM »
That's a hell of a long time in braces post-op.  I was told I won't need the usual post-op 6 months immediately post-op, but now it looks like it'll be around that at least.

I have to have my posteriot open bite on my left side closed, so theyre on longer than usual. Its pretty much almost closed now, but need to keep it closed. I did a poor job wearing my bands at first :/ Im just saying this is a lot shorter time with braces compared to to the 2 1/2 years I had in high school. If i didnt have the open bite theyd be off by now. Oh wellm

terry947

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »
just read through this whole thread and I had to say that you results are amazing!!!

Hope mine will be good aswell.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2015, 07:24:06 PM »
Thanks terry947!! Yea I'm really happy with my results and cant wait for the dang braces to come off. My next appointment I'll be getting my molds for my retainer, so hopefully by the beginning of April I'll have them off. We're just finishing off closing the little open bite I have and he says if I tiny bit wont close, we will just use the retainer to dothe rest. Not looking fforward to wearing a retainer all the time, bit beats braces. I just sucked at wearing it last time I had braces

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
I wonder if anyone can help me out here. So when I smile, my chin looks crooked. Like one sides tissue is different. I seriously cant feel or see any asymmetry with bone. My nerves arent completely back one side of my chin, so I wonder if that can be doing it, or if its a soft tissue thing. Its very annoying since I didnt have any asymmetries going into surgery

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2015, 04:16:28 AM »
It could be a scar tissue issue. Try doing lots of stretching exercises, see if that helps.