Author Topic: Richard Jacobson and Stephen Schendel Review  (Read 11425 times)

LoveofScotch

Re: Richard Jacobson and Stephen Schendel
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 11:16:56 PM »
Holy s**t balls, thanks Cmonster. At least some reviews at the end were good. Yikes!

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 11:41:04 PM »
What the heck is going on with these two? This whole bulls**t with being dishonest about what something is going to cost really pisses me off.

I don't know what's going on and I'm glad I never got involved enough to find out. It just seems very unprofessional and sloppy - it's hard to know what' is and isn't . He has a "5 star rating " which is incredibly misleading since he has so many unhappy stories being filtered- either way they are there for all to read .
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 12:16:51 AM »
I've read many stories about Yelp offering businesses the ability to remove bad reviews in exchange for money. I would never trust a site like this.

Alue

• Private
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2014, 06:40:44 PM »
Thanks for the reviews, after having put surgery on hold for over a year, I'm ready to get things rolling.

I'm considering taking a few trips to see some of the bigger name surgeons just to get their opinion.  It seems like Arnett may be worthwhile consulting with even if I'm unlikely to get surgery with him.  I was also considering consulting with Sinn as he isn't too far from me.

GJ

• Administrator
Re: Richard Jacobson and Stephen Schendel Review
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 03:16:06 PM »
I just wanted to share this story with you as I have discussed Jacobson before with some of you privately. He is the most unethical human being I have ever dealt with in my life. I feel violated. Never in my life had I expected to pay $660 for nothing at all. I wish I had given the money to charity. 

Yes, Jacobson is the most unethical person I've met in my life as well, with Schendel a very close #2.

The consult with Schendel was shocking as well - he was on his way to a surgery and thought of me and my questions an awful nuisance before showing me the door after only 15 minutes and doing practically 0 technical analysis.

Schendel has either no idea or no desire on how to do technical analysis, which is pretty amazing from a doctor who writes textbooks about jaw surgery. He sent me only one hand-drawn picture of the profile of a face, which one could deduct nothing from since there was no reference point. When I brought him my digital models, he couldn't even figure out how to open the file. Eventually he got angry/frustrated and said that those models don't matter anyway.

Despite Schendel's impressive résumé, he is incompetent. He looks great on paper, but that's where it ends. He is an incompetent surgeon who hides behind his résumé.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 01:17:33 AM by GJ »
Millimeters are miles on the face.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
Yet he has all those publications on virtual surgery planing... I guess they were largely written by his co-authors. He probably didn't read them, let alone write them, just put his name on the papers. Happens in academia all the time.

Just goes to show - all that matters is results. Publications mean nothing.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »
Just wanna chime in about how unethical Dr. Jacobson and Stephen Shendel are.

I went to see them and after examining me for 15 minutes Schendel charged me 1000 dollars!!!

He didn't do any sort of technical analysis or morph and he made all sorts of promises that sounded far far too good to be trrue.

Honestly, I think most max facs are corrupt on all sorts of levels. But Jacobson and Schendel are two who take it to a new level of f**king you in the ass.

Personally, I wish I had gone with Dr. Gunson. But Arnett and Gunson aren't angels either. THey inflate their prices with the HA grafts. Charging that much forr surgery is a crime.