Author Topic: What does this picture mean?  (Read 4273 times)

backward lowerjaw

• Private
What does this picture mean?
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »
?

[attachment deleted by admin]

backward lowerjaw

• Private
Re: What does this picture mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:27:51 PM »
I saw it in an old post, still confused what it means tho

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:52:32 PM »
In that paper, its says that the head swings back to create more airway. Does that mean that once you have surgery and more airway space, it could be a good start to better posture. I notice my head goes back because it not only gives me more air, but also gives the illusion that my face is more foraward.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 02:49:22 PM »
Yea hopefully it will improve forward head posture.  Although you will still probably have to stregthen  and loosen certain muscles, I think it will be a solid foundation.

Not untill I found out I could have jaw surgery did I realize how s**tty my side profile was. Just more things to be self conscious about. My profile is like the second photo and i jus grew down too much instead of forward. Everyone in my family has stong foward grown jaw. Son of biatch
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:16:21 PM by nrelax11 »

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
Same as me fu***ng pi***s me off, i'm 32 now for the past 7-8 years i've dicked about with expanders to widen my jaw telling me this is the problem, when all along it was a maloclusion class 3 no one told me i had to find out self, like you i never knew what a maxilofacial surgeon was or they even existed if i did i would of had surgery years ago, my twenties wasted! I hate orthopedic surgeons they are the biggest crooks going!

Ben

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 04:42:51 PM »
That picture is disturbing, It really illustrates how the long face nose appears much bigger yet is functionally much smaller.

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 03:51:06 AM »
Have you guys read that paper? It's horribly unscientific. So many assumptions are made all all along the way.

Dontknowwhattodo

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 12:24:39 AM »
Have you guys read that paper? It's horribly unscientific. So many assumptions are made all all along the way.

Could you point out some of the parts that you think are horribly unscientific?