Author Topic: Nice blog by a Dr. Arnette patient  (Read 4767 times)

lcmn

• Private
Nice blog by a Dr. Arnette patient
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:23:53 PM »
http://jawdroppingjourney.blogspot.com/

Looks like this patient had joint issues and a severe Class II

chinnychinchin

Re: Nice blog by a Dr. Arnette patient
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »
Amazing transformation, going to consult with Dr. Gunson in 3 weeks. Does anyone know how much she paid?

LoveofScotch

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »
Whole bunches!

Everyone pays a substantial amount up front, then you go from there. If this is a second surgery for someone (redo) it is generally more. If you need HA paste, depending on the amounts etc. this can be a killer, financially.

Just using my situation as an example (if I work with them)...Both the hospital they use AND the anesthesiologist they use are in my insurance network, so once I meet my deductible there is zero out of pocket (for those two items). The surgeons fees are up front, paid by me, then they will submit to my insurance company for me. Seriously, I will probably get pennies back being that they are 'out of network' for ALL insurance companies, not just mine. Also, the HA paste will be up front and NOT reimbursed.

This all completely depends on your insurance. Without insurance, I have no idea.

Cheers!

The price of the consult was $550.00 plus impressions. Impressions are dirt cheep, but ideally they want them sent in with your paperwork before your first appointment (so another dentist makes them, but still cheep).

Alue

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:38:01 PM »
Whole bunches!

Everyone pays a substantial amount up front, then you go from there. If this is a second surgery for someone (redo) it is generally more. If you need HA paste, depending on the amounts etc. this can be a killer, financially.

Just using my situation as an example (if I work with them)...Both the hospital they use AND the anesthesiologist they use are in my insurance network, so once I meet my deductible there is zero out of pocket (for those two items). The surgeons fees are up front, paid by me, then they will submit to my insurance company for me. Seriously, I will probably get pennies back being that they are 'out of network' for ALL insurance companies, not just mine. Also, the HA paste will be up front and NOT reimbursed.

This all completely depends on your insurance. Without insurance, I have no idea.

Cheers!

The price of the consult was $550.00 plus impressions. Impressions are dirt cheep, but ideally they want them sent in with your paperwork before your first appointment (so another dentist makes them, but still cheep).

I just found out my impressions (dental models) I paid for were destroyed by the orthodontist that made them a year ago.   Sucks because I'll have to pay for them all over again now and that's about $500.  Even though I pay for them being made the orthodontist keeps them and retains them as their property.