Author Topic: Dolphin 3d imaging  (Read 4648 times)

backward lowerjaw

• Private
Dolphin 3d imaging
« on: May 24, 2014, 06:51:07 AM »
I don't understand why a lot of surgeon do not use this programme especially in the u.k, it would take away the worry of what you would look like after and would know what measurements would ideally be needed to get an overall happy result. I know on the cone beam scan you can have an extension linked to the dolphin imaging.

I would love to know if it is possible to download this programme on to your own computer?

applejuice

Re: Dolphin 3d imaging
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 03:17:48 AM »
Haha if it only would be that easy. Unfortunately the response of the soft tissue to the skeletal movements are not reliable predictable.
There are countless studies about this issue.  Basicly it's a crapshoot and and there are only rules of thumb how the soft tissue will respond.

Avra68

Re: Dolphin 3d imaging
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:46:54 AM »
Dolphin should be use in conjunction with a proper mock surgery. Dolphin is not a replacement for the classic measurement and pre-surgical positioning of your jaws. I had a bad experience with Doplhin in planning my surgeries. You need a good technician to make you mock surgery. There are a lot of medical articles that show the pros and cons of using alone the Dolphin. Read them.