Author Topic: Where do i stand on legal action?  (Read 18247 times)

Ben

Re: Where do i stand on legal action?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »
This ceph probably shows him with his lower jaw retracted all the way back.
which will cause the joint to be in a bad position but will make it look like his bite is ok
note how cramped both jaws look. It just looks unnatural to me
It appears to me that there should be a lot more forward development of the jaws. When your lower jaw is in its resting position without tension then you will know where the upper jaw should be advanced to.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 02:53:27 AM »
You're starting to sound like these so called experts, i don't know if i should explain it or leave it to Ben.

My teeth were not aligned properly this pushed my lower jaw back in to a recessed position, my lower jaw should be forward which results into a class 3.  My condyles is forced backwards into the fossa socket causing a lot of pain, clicking, popping on my tmj headaches and dizziness.

The problem with me is because my upper jaw was narrow due to having a deviated septum at 2 years old my upper jaw never grew forward either because i was mouth breathing

Take a look at the below video it explains it all in detail

Airway and TMJ English

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:25 AM »
just realised you commented ben after i sent the post haha, you're the only one i know who has this problem. The f'n surgeons know but wont admit it.

i worried that when i go for my next surgery they will still not know how forward the upper jaw needs to go, my lower jaw knows it is not comfortable where it is but it hasn't found a home so to speak doesn't know where to rest.

What procedure you going for your next surgery will it be advancving the mandible and advancing the maxilla a bit further forward for forward growth or will be be single jaw surgery on your upper jaw?

elysium87

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »
just realised you commented ben after i sent the post haha, you're the only one i know who has this problem. The f'n surgeons know but wont admit it.

i worried that when i go for my next surgery they will still not know how forward the upper jaw needs to go, my lower jaw knows it is not comfortable where it is but it hasn't found a home so to speak doesn't know where to rest.

What procedure you going for your next surgery will it be advancving the mandible and advancing the maxilla a bit further forward for forward growth or will be be single jaw surgery on your upper jaw?

Is it safe to have these jaw surgeries more than once? Don't you risk severely damaging yourself?

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
Haven't really got a choice can't be walking around as a class 3. Its the functional side i want improved more than anything. It feel like my tongue is too long because it keeps hitting the alvenlar ridge due to the maxila being too far back

elysium87

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 01:28:25 PM »
Haven't really got a choice can't be walking around as a class 3. Its the functional side i want improved more than anything. It feel like my tongue is too long because it keeps hitting the alvenlar ridge due to the maxila being too far back

Have you had the opinion of another surgeon? I am seeing Piet Haers in a few weeks myself after my double jaw surgery on NHS relapsed slightly but I am very cautious about a second operation.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
is the consultation with piet haers private or nhs?

Ben

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 02:38:23 PM »
The surgeons must be really lazy it boggles my mind when I think that I didn't get enough advancement due to the surgeon being a dumbass. This shouldn't be a concern for anyone having surgery and should mean we can sue them for big dollars. Everything was in such a rush with mine I very much doubt he put much time into considering my surgery. Probably the same thing happened with you. If either the ortho or the surgeon new what they where doing we would have this problem.

I had bicuspid extractions on my mandible, and then the spaces where closed in an attempt to correct my under bite. I've seen another Orthodontist and got an opinion. He thinks that the spaces need to be opened up again worsening my under-bite then have my upper jaw advanced accordingly. My upper jaw lacks transverse width too but I'm not sure I want to or can afford to widen it (the last attempt to widen it was a nightmare)

So I'm thinking just a simple advancement at this stage, probably lower my upper jaw back down too certainly I'll be making sure it isn't impacted anymore. I don't think I can have this surgery done in New Zealand the surgeons here just don't seem that on to it.

I'm taking legal action but it just seems the systems are so far ineffective when it comes to this kind of thing. The surgeons just say whatever they want. It was only the surgeons word that was consider in both investigations I've had done so far. They are so highly respected because they've had a lot of training so basically no one can challenge them and they can say what they like.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:28 PM »
It is a joke and then it turns out it's difficult to sue, i'm worried i'm going to have this advancement again and because my lower jaw does not know its correct resting place it will be messed up again i'm very worried.

Where would you be looking at going Australia?

elysium87

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »
is the consultation with piet haers private or nhs?
It is private.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »
Have you tried seeing him nhs? I know he does this in surrey hospital, how much does he charge for the consultation? Is it double jaw advancement you getting? I know Hears was trained by Sailer many moons ago.  I read your other post if your ortho is suggesting extractions don't do it. Everyone who has had it done has regretted it look at Ben he is talking about reopening it now!

Ben

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 03:18:30 PM »
Yep I'm thinking of Australia, if I ever get any money. I'll be hearing from my Orthodontist and Surgeon later this week, hopefully their attitudes have changed and they just pay me off to get rid of me. I wish I didn't live so far from their offices I'd be down there everyday with a sign saying Orthodontics nightmare or something to that effect. They wouldn't be able to do anything to me if I don't mention names and I'm on public property. I'm sure it would hurt them in someway and just add to the pressure just to get rid of this guy.

I had my extraction's as a teen, I think my under bite should naturally be very much worse than it currently is (This would be a good thing). I think the original dentist I saw should not have extracted but recommended me for surgery at a later date instead.
The extractions has damaged my face I'm sure of that probably because I was so young.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »
Hi Ben,

If you're thinking of Australia, have you thought about seeing Dr. Paul Coceancig at Profilo?

Cheers!

elysium87

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »
Have you tried seeing him nhs? I know he does this in surrey hospital, how much does he charge for the consultation? Is it double jaw advancement you getting? I know Hears was trained by Sailer many moons ago.  I read your other post if your ortho is suggesting extractions don't do it. Everyone who has had it done has regretted it look at Ben he is talking about reopening it now!

No, I want a speedy appointment because I need to collate as much info as possible before I see my NHS surgeon in August to discuss my options. Fee is ?190 for consultation. I am not sure about the tooth extraction - he is recommending it to open up an underbite again so he can perform a second surgery, some people have extractions in an attempt to mask the class 3 by pushing lower teeth back.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2014, 04:17:09 PM »
Hi Ben,

If you're thinking of Australia, have you thought about seeing Dr. Paul Coceancig at Profilo?

Cheers!

What concerns me is that he seems to have published almost nothing for all his "ground breaking" work.