Author Topic: Where do i stand on legal action?  (Read 18261 times)

LoveofScotch

Re: Where do i stand on legal action?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2014, 07:03:12 PM »
Oh, that's a good point. I was thinking about it though, and, frankly, I'm not sure that I care. It's a solid argument, but if he's the best choice for an individual, I could care less about what he has (or has not) published. That's just my thought process; I'm in NO way saying I'm right!

There's something that intrigues me about his work, but I can't really pin point what. For me, it's kind of like how I feel about Joseph, in Florida. They've both peaked my interest. I live in the US, and I'm actually considering Coceancig. (I acknowledge the potential of a complete s**t show that can occur when working with a surgeon half a world away.)

It was just a thought for people already considering Australia.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2014, 08:03:34 PM »
I'm sure he would be cheaper than Joseph if you don't have insurance in America.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »
I'm fortunate to have crazy good insurance, but many doctors do not practice within network. Like with Gunson, their anesthesiologist is in my network, as is the hospital they use, but Gunson is out of network (not only with my insurance, he is out of network with all insurance providers). You pay the surgeons fees, up front, then they will submit for you...and you pray to get a few pennies back. I hope I articulated that correctly.

Anyway, I know a few people have been looking for surgeons in Australia and/or New Zealand, so I just wanted to throw Coceancig's name out there.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 01:48:53 AM »
I just phoned his office I cant believe how expensive he is the x rays on top are 130 each, I'm going to try and get a cone beam to take with me I,m going to go see my original surgeon and show him what he has done to me once this is in hand. Johnson charges I think 160.  do you know home double jaw surgery is with Haer? Johnson quoted arounf ?9700 and Thuau is between ?13 and ?15k without braces for both.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:50:40 AM by backward lowerjaw »

Ben

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 03:53:23 AM »
I've been looking in to Paul Coceanig. I just did a little searching to see if he rubs shoulders with a dentist in Sydney who took the time to write me several detailed beautifully written emails helping me on my case. The dentists name is Trevor Barrett, anyway I found this discussion on linkedin. I've seen a lot of comments in discussions on linkedin by Trevor and he is impressive.
Read what he has written about Paul Coceanig work found in the link below

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/This-is-OMFS-surgeon-I-4289021.S.102509397

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 04:56:22 AM »
Ben what's your opinion on Derek Mahony?

elysium87

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2014, 12:59:22 PM »
I just phoned his office I cant believe how expensive he is the x rays on top are 130 each, I'm going to try and get a cone beam to take with me I,m going to go see my original surgeon and show him what he has done to me once this is in hand. Johnson charges I think 160.  do you know home double jaw surgery is with Haer? Johnson quoted arounf ?9700 and Thuau is between ?13 and ?15k without braces for both.

Haer's charges ?190 for a consultation. Not sure on surgery prices as I am not meeting him for another few weeks.

Ben

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2014, 03:06:26 PM »
I've never had any dealings with Derek, well just one and it was a brief reply to an email requesting an opinion on my case. He replied to me which is good, many don't bother to reply especially to someone overseas who they are never likely to profit from.

I like his ideas and he is friends with the aforementioned Trevor Barrett. He realises the importance of clear nasal breathing, which so many practitioners don't have a clue about and since I've experienced its evils first hand I know they are speaking the truth. Basically these guys speak my language they know what makes a good looking face they know about health outside of their specialities which in my view puts them above most of their profession.

backward lowerjaw

• Private
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2014, 03:13:26 PM »
The reason I ask the orthodontist I am seeing in London spent 4 years at the Buteyko Clinic in Australia she had 2 years of studies with Derek Mahony and is focusing on my lower jaw being in the correct position for maximum airway.  She has just set up the tmj and sleep therapy centre here and knows her stuff, fingers crossed I will see her again on Monday and I want her to double check my lower jaw is in the correct position to get ready for surgery

Ben

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
I see, sounds good

Ben

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
I was just having another look at your ceph, judging by the angle of your spine at the base of the skull your posturing so that you have an airway. Your mandible looks like it is jammed right back. There is a lot to consider and I'm no expert but while your face may project forward more than some, as stated by the Mews (no disrespect intended), it maybe that your tending towards an ante face and so you need that forward projection to have harmonious function. Your lower jaw just looks to me like it wants to swing a long way forward. I think I'm similar, my bite is trapped like yours maybe not quite as bad in function, I've been dealing with it for over a year now. It has been very uncomfortable, I have been able to follow the  advice (not given directly) of the Mews in my case without experiencing the lock out. Do I think it is right to do this? Well I'm not sure in my case, it is plausible that my jaw joint may adapt to its new position with time. If it does though I will still have recessed jaws and a compromised airway leaving me more susceptible to sleep apnea. I guess with the adaptation and the good posture of tongue over the years that my face may remodel and I'll avoid apnea but who knows.

Man the whole situation sucks for sure.

Now that you've been rushed to hospital because of your jaw locking out does that not bolster your case for legal action?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:17:46 AM by Ben »

elysium87

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »
That's actually just brought a tear to my eye.  Life is bulls**t they says things happen for a reason i just think that's bollocks and the f**kers always seem to get away with it.  Not wanting to sound religious but there can't be a God when stuff like this happens unless he's got some sick sense of humour.

I take it there's no one in the U.K who will operate. You tried Triaca? I know he's expensive but he's much nearer.

Can I ask which hospital you had this at?