Author Topic: suicide because of toothache  (Read 4868 times)

trigeminalneuralgia

suicide because of toothache
« on: May 26, 2012, 08:29:12 PM »
http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/maida_vale_model_driven_to_suicide_by_unbearable_toothache_pain_1_1211066

Okay so the "toothache" here is clearly tmj.

This isn't really an educational article but more of a mystery....what kind of botched job did his ortho do

Cmonster

• Private
Re: suicide because of toothache
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 12:03:56 AM »
That is so sad :(
I sure hope that many of these medical professionals treat us as human beings rather than cattle in a slaughter house.

Sigh.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

neferkitti

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 12:38:38 AM »
http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/maida_vale_model_driven_to_suicide_by_unbearable_toothache_pain_1_1211066

Okay so the "toothache" here is clearly tmj.

I don't know if the family have grounds for a suit against the orthodontist. ThIs model's EDS was unknown to him and, I would assume, the ortho. Plus, I wouldn't think genetic testing is standard practice in the field. The family is trying to raise awareness for the disorder. So sad that he had to go through six years of misery and finally death to do so. Condolences to the family.

trigeminalneuralgia

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »
I have eds and can't imagine living that long without being dxd.  I think most people are unofficially diagnosed by their twenties.  I say unofficially because the testing is very expensive and hard to get.  I was obviously hypermobile and a chiropractor had to tell me.. so then I mentioned it to the doctors and they were like "oh yeah" 

He must've had jaw work done.  Getting just teeth stuff wouldn't cause that.  We have a super high tolerance for pain.

If anyone can touch their thumb to their wrist...don't get surgery!!!