Author Topic: Dr. Kevin McBride Consult  (Read 2698 times)

ticktickatick

Dr. Kevin McBride Consult
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
Just had an online consult and phone convo with Dr. Kevin McBride in Dallas, Texas. His website is amazingfaces.com.

I sent in my pictures and an X-ray. So far of all the out-of-state docs I've talked with, he has been the most helpful. His email was about a page long and went through everything he saw in my face and what he would do to fix it. For me he recommended double jaw + septoplasty (he thinks it will be necessary to fix my bad airway) with a possible genio.

Their financing person is Jennifer and she was very nice and helpful. She said they work a lot with out-of-state and uninsured patients. Dr. McBride has his own surgical suite and they also contract at low rates with the hospital. For my surgery she said they would probably do it in the surgical suite to keep costs down, and then I would have a hospital stay afterwards. The hospital fee uninsured would only be $800-1200.

I asked for a ballpark price. I believe this was just for double jaw + septoplasty because she didn't mention the possible genio, but it could be for the genio as well. She said that all the fees inclusive would be around $25k.

The other thing I liked about Dr. McBride is that he seems to really understand aesthetics. Of course the bite is fundamental, but it's not just about the bite. The jawline is a huge part of your face and just a few millimeters of asymmetry or bad growth can make your face look totally different.

For the record my issues are lip incompetence (10-15mm interlabial gap), receding profile, gummy smile (vertical maxillary excess), and off-center chin. My bite is okay because I had braces, but I still have a mild overjet and a borderline open bite. I get some TMJ-ish pain even though my condyles are fine; my ortho thinks it's because one of my jaws is longer than the other.

I'm still going to see Dr. Bloomquist next month because of how affordable he is, but I'm definitely impressed with Dr. McBride's helpfulness and his willingness to work with uninsured patients. He's definitely at the top of my list if Dr. Bloomquist doesn't work out.

Hope this helps someone. For online consults they have an instruction form with all the data they want and the types of pictures they want.

If anyone has experience with McBride I'd love to hear about it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:26:26 PM by ticktickatick »