Author Topic: Anybody else here diagnosed with BDD?  (Read 10745 times)

girl

Re: Anybody else here diagnosed with BDD?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 01:51:55 PM »
Or maybe they are focusing on the wrong things because they don't understand the underlying problem like a recessed mid face.  Or like a guy I heard had one rhino after another.  He simply did not realise that his mid face was very long and no rhino (or anything else for that matter) would fix it.

I did that, to a degree - bear in mind that most "ugly" people (i.e. people with maxillofacial issues) usually start off by going down the PS route. I got suckered into having camouflage surgery - perhaps the guy you mention was being stringed along by that too. Maxfax was rarely talked about on the boards 5-6 years ago. Regardless, I could pinpoint everything that was off about my face (I called my mid face "caved in" and could see that the lower third was too long). Still, I didn't know that maxfax existed - no dentist mentioned it to me either.

But yeah, the long mid face is a beggar to fix, as I have been told.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 08:48:48 PM »
I did that, to a degree - bear in mind that most "ugly" people (i.e. people with maxillofacial issues) usually start off by going down the PS route. I got suckered into having camouflage surgery - perhaps the guy you mention was being stringed along by that too. Maxfax was rarely talked about on the boards 5-6 years ago. Regardless, I could pinpoint everything that was off about my face (I called my mid face "caved in" and could see that the lower third was too long). Still, I didn't know that maxfax existed - no dentist mentioned it to me either.

But yeah, the long mid face is a beggar to fix, as I have been told.
I always thought that I had a big lower jaw, big nose and "small upper teeth".  I had no idea I had a recessed upper jaw.  I was aware of jaw surgery, but only lower jaw - my dentist told me several times that I need to have my lower jaw moved back.  I disregarded his advice.

A max fac I talked to claimed that PSs do not refer patients to max fac surgeons "out of ignorance".  He even told me that a pretty famous PS he knows was unaware that maxillary surgery has such a big impact on the face.  I find that hard to believe.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 11:36:42 PM »
What we are doing here is extreme and powerful.

Beauty is 70 percent bone structure, and 30 percent soft tissue and hair etc. quality. We are radically transforming the very infrastructure of our craniums. Some of us are going farther by essentially having our faces rearranged. This is not the PS route. This is radical and it is the future.

BDD by the way only means being obsessed and concerned by any "perceived" physical flaw to a degree that it is an obstacle to your normal functioning. So anyone can have BDD whether they are objectively beautiful or not. The issue here is we have to b honestly slf-critical. And take measures if we want to do this FOR OURSELVES. For some people this may lead to a bit of greater confidence.

BUT MARK MY WORDS. THE MEN OR SHOULD I SAY BOYS ON THIS BOARD WHO THINK IT WILL MAKE ONE INCH OF A DIFFERENCE IN TERMS OF THEIR ABILITY TO ATTRACT MATES OF THE OPPOSITE SEX ARE SADLY SADLY SO DELUDED THAT THEY WILL IN FACT FAIR FAR WORSE WITH WOMEN.

Attractiveness has NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW YOU LOOK OR HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE. It has to do with inner, that is INNER confidence and state. So we can tell from a mile away the silly BDD fools who are basically treading water all their lives, not even having enough real courage to have surgeries because they're doing it for pathetic reasons. You guys, man, PATHETIC.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 05:27:30 AM »
Well that first man is deformed level jaw structure, so yeah if you're at a level of actual like freak looking ugliness that's not gonna help, but the average class II or class III doesn't look that bad. There are f**king dozens of people posting their pics every day on this site being like "what's wrong with my jaw" obsessing that they can't get chicks cause of how they look and it's BS. Let me tell you something I'm average looking right now, have a mouth full of braces, and I'm actually getting pretty fat. I get laid by different HOT twenty year olds on a weekly basis. And I think i'm actually kind of ugly. I'm actually somewhat poor for my age and don't have a job. No car. An average apt. but in the real world I'm kinda confident and funny as hell and am into and have expertise in a lot of interesting things which I won't reveal here. What you've fallen for is the evolutionary psychology BS explanations which are full of holes you dips**t. Evolutionary psychology explanations are basically pseudo-science. Looks matter for women yes, BIGTIME. But not for men. For men it's all about confidence which can be translated through state and attitude and inner strength. That second pic where the guy has a better jawline. NO HE WILL NOT HAVE A BETTER SEX LIFE IF HIS PERSONALITY IS MEEK AND LOSERISH AND INSECURE. I"VE SEEN GUYS TEN TIMES HOTTER THAN HIM BLOW IT WITH EVERY GIRL THEY MEET. Anyway, i don't want to get into this s**t here anymore so I won't respond. I know this is all true, so I don't need to convince you. Was just trying to give some real enlightenment to the board. But of course I knew f**ktards like you are so stubborn cause you love your pain and are so attached to the beliefs that make you isolated and blow it with girls. Dude, it's safer and easier for you to believe yeah it's cause of your looks you can't get hot girls. Cause otherwise it would actually be your personality which and you'd have to take chances and be other there in th world. So whatever stay safe in your flawed and idiotically beta beliefs you hardcase newbie.

MaxilloMandibular

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 06:08:23 AM »
Tumerican, my profile isn't too different from yours and I've dated some very attractive girls. I'd be significantly more confident with a better jawline, sure, but it's not something that can't be compensated for to some extent.

I agree that certain aspects of physical attractiveness are objective and universal, such as the importance of healthy, proportionate features, but there are subjective aspects to beauty as well. For example, the traditional east Asian ideal of beauty preferred small eyes and long, flat faces for both men and women.

The Medieval and Renaissance European ideals were, similarly, very different from our own. Large, downturned eyes and low cheekbones were considered beautiful in both men and women. The current fad on the other hand favours strong cheekbones with smaller, uptilted eyes.