Author Topic: I really need your guys help (pics included)  (Read 12283 times)

Yyes

I really need your guys help (pics included)
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
Hi guys I am new to the forum but reading over it I see that you guys are very knowledgeable. I recently had a consultation with Dr Guyuron regarding sliding genioplasty. I like the way my right side of my profile looks but I dont like the left side. I dont know if its because my left side is fuller because I have fat or if its because my chin is a bit more recessed on the left side and because it almost seems as if my chin implant has deepened my nasolabial fold on that side.

Dr Guyuron is charging me almost 11 grand for buccal fat removal, sliding genioplasty, and removal of chin implant.
I will be consulting with Dr Schendel and maybe Dr Whittenburg.
I am looking for a max fax surgeon that can perform the sliding genioplasty as well as buccal fat removal since my family has a history of round faces. I myself am very fit but I just have a round face with thick skin.

I guess my question for you guys are who do you reccomend as far as genioplasties go and as far as buccal fat removal goes? And can a sliding genioplasty correct profile assymetries? sometimes I think that my implant shifted upwards on the left side and thats why I have a nasolabial fold but I guess it could just be that I am assymetrical in regards to my jaw.
Here are the pics.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmcUdUM2t3bEpMeUU&usp=sharinghttp://

Gregor Samsa

Re: I really need your guys help (pics included)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:38:40 PM »
I see the asymmetry but I don't really think there's anything wrong with your face. Don't waste your time with Schendel: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,3791.0.html

Yyes

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:03:42 PM »
Thanks Gregor.
Would you recommend Dr Arnett for a cosmetic procedure in regards to the sliding genioplasty? I called today and the receptionist told me that he does ct scans and everything. In fact sometimes he will use morphing software to show the patient the outcome that we are aiming for. Also, she said that they spend 2 -3 hours with you to achieve a plan.

That sounds great doesnt it?
Dr Schendel is charging me 95 dollars for thirty minutes of his time.

ForeverDet

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 07:26:49 PM »
Thanks Gregor.
Would you recommend Dr Arnett for a cosmetic procedure in regards to the sliding genioplasty? I called today and the receptionist told me that he does ct scans and everything. In fact sometimes he will use morphing software to show the patient the outcome that we are aiming for. Also, she said that they spend 2 -3 hours with you to achieve a plan.

That sounds great doesnt it?
Dr Schendel is charging me 95 dollars for thirty minutes of his time.

Unless they changed their policy, I believe Arnett and Gunson don't perform isolated genioplasties or cosmetic procedures unless your also having upper and/or lower jaw surgery.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 04:19:16 AM »
What is your BF percentage?  IMO, it's worth getting to 10-12 % BF and see how much buccal fat you have left.  DEXA scans are the most accurate at estimating BF.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 07:10:46 AM »
I see the asymmetry but it doesn't detract from your looks at all, you're very handsome.

Be careful pursuing 'perfection', you have a lot to lose.

Yyes

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:56:16 PM »
Thank you Modigliani.  I just saw your post. So you think I have more to lose than to gain? Im consulting with Gunson and Guyuron

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:34 AM »
Ah the irony, I would LOVE to have a full fatty round face and you are looking to get rid of it lol.
Well
What is your BF percentage?  IMO, it's worth getting to 10-12 % BF and see how much buccal fat you have left.  DEXA scans are the most accurate at estimating BF.

I think this isnt a bad idea so with lower body fat you see how much of your buccal fat you retain. I understand for men that "cheekbone hollow" is highly desirable, but keep in mind that fat preserves you as you get older its a tradeoff to keep in mind if no one has informed you thus far!
Also be careful the pursuit of perfection is a slippery slope and will get you in trouble, I know.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 02:50:23 AM »
Ah the irony, I would LOVE to have a full fatty round face and you are looking to get rid of it lol.
Well
I think this isnt a bad idea so with lower body fat you see how much of your buccal fat you retain. I understand for men that "cheekbone hollow" is highly desirable, but keep in mind that fat preserves you as you get older its a tradeoff to keep in mind if no one has informed you thus far!
Also be careful the pursuit of perfection is a slippery slope and will get you in trouble, I know.

IMO, it's better to be lean from early age.  Skin does not respond all that great when all of a sudden you lose weight when you are older.  This should work better in reverse ie you can always plump up later.

Yyes

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 12:37:55 PM »
However in my case I am not fat. I mean I dont have a six pack but i stay active about 5-6 days a week. I feel its genetic. So I feel buccal fat removal combined with sliding genioplasty can make me more attractive . however you guys dont think it will make a significant difference?

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByGkh3KXsrkmcUdUM2t3bEpMeUU&usp=sharing

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 01:09:40 PM »
At 18% bf I had cheeks like a hamster. I considered chin widening, because my chin looked so pointy. At 12% my cheeks are hollow. Chin looks fine.

Regarding my last post, it's never to late.  Just look at how Drew Carey looks now.

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 02:26:54 PM »
IMO, it's better to be lean from early age.  Skin does not respond all that great when all of a sudden you lose weight when you are older.  This should work better in reverse ie you can always plump up later.

Skin doesnt respond well to major weight loss at any age imo, even more so as a woman. The natural fat pads in the face once those are gone, they're gone, so thats why I think its best for the OP to know that ahead of time as most surgeons dont discuss openly how this can affect the face as we age and need some support.
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »
Do the buccal fat pads disappear forever due to weight loss as well? (Not surgical).

Yyes

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2014, 05:13:35 PM »
Skin doesnt respond well to major weight loss at any age imo, even more so as a woman. The natural fat pads in the face once those are gone, they're gone, so thats why I think its best for the OP to know that ahead of time as most surgeons dont discuss openly how this can affect the face as we age and need some support.

I agree. But what if we get that support with cheek implants? Cheek implants can provide that support correct? Atleast thats what I have heard.

sean89

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2014, 05:29:20 PM »
In my opinion, you won't benefit from any orthognathic or chin procedure and would only risk looking worse (unless you have an overjet) and I'm not anti-surgery.

EDit: Actually, I see what you're talking about now and didn't realise about the implant, but not even close to being a justification for surgery imo.