Author Topic: when can I see my chiropractor again?  (Read 1674 times)

nrelax11

• Private
when can I see my chiropractor again?
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:33:07 AM »
Yea, that.  Im one month post op

PloskoPlus

Re: when can I see my chiropractor again?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:57:40 PM »
Would you take "never" for an answer?

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 08:06:40 PM »
Would you take "never" for an answer?

Why you not like them? I have chronic hip and neck pain and recently its been so bad that I jus want to kill myself. Would never do that obviously,  itd bee nice to see him soon. Along with my personal trainer who im seeing on friday.  I wont be doing any weight, jus body exercises that my surgeon says is okay. Im gonna rant but I know people are worse off, but if you havent had chronic pain in your life you will never know the misery that goes along with. Im jus going through a s**tty time dealing with my pain,  my social anxiety, recovering from being an ex opiate addict, the death of my sister I never really got to know. People can only handle so much. My chronic pain is getting slowy better as I fix my hip and neck posture but im just exhausted. Just like when I was an opiate pill feind all I ever wanted was to be normal like everyone else, and now I want to physically function like most people. This was way off topic, im jus super depressed and unhappy with my life. I know a lot a lot of improvement ahead of me and although I a mkt of baddecision in my life I know there is a purpose for the path I took even though it was s**tty but once I get out of this, I will be a stronger person. I mean s**t, I have anxiety, I went on an anxiety forum and met the girl I love to this day. It just made feel like a reason for having anxiety.

Sorry that was waaaay off topic, but i needed to vent a little :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:01:42 PM by nrelax11 »

LoveofScotch

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 08:21:23 PM »
I love my chiropractors! Yep, that's right, I have two!

I don't know how to answer your question, nrelax11. I would imagine it depends on what type of adjustment you're asking about. If you're laying face down on the table and they're pushing your face down into the face piece...I would wait a long damn time! Like months and months and months. I would obviously ask your surgeon, and probably add some extra time on to what they say just to be safe.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 10:05:31 PM »
Yea some if it involves laying on my stomach so right there it made know its probably not a good idea. He basically runs his elbows along th sides of my spine and up througy my trapezius muscles..then cracks my thoracic spine and then cracks my cervial spine. Thats about it

LoveofScotch

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:55:25 PM »
Sorry, you're going through a tough time right now, nrelax11.

I would run all this by your chiropractor, and just tell them what they were doing before was helping, but you can't lay on your face for awhile. If it's just soft tissue work, you could still lay on your tummy, but prop yourself all the way up on your elbows. If you need manual work through your thoracic spine, they could either use the activator with you sitting up (or standing), or they can also usually get to it by another adjustment. I'm not going to describe this correctly, but you sit on the table with you feet at the end (like you're going to lay down, but you don't just yet). They kinda hug you with you starting to lay flat using their hand (or a tool) to press into you as you come down into contact with the table.

I would be cautious of adjusting your neck with anything other than the activator right now. Having your neck turned (to do a manual adjustment) can really pull on your facial muscles.

I hope you feel better soon!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 08:00:44 PM »
I just don't like how chiros present themselves as some kind of cure all.  Sublaxation or whatever they call it.  Like an unbalanced posture causes cancer and that's why you should see them.  If only they presented themselves as another kind of physiotherapy, I wouldn't have such issue with them.