Author Topic: The British: Is it something in the water?  (Read 17501 times)

Optimistic

• I am class I
The British: Is it something in the water?
« on: September 19, 2014, 08:32:00 AM »
This is a 100% serious question: Why is there such an enormous over-representation of Brits on this forum? It's even stranger when one factors in the vastly differing population sizes.

Anecdotally a lot of my friends from mainland Europe claim the Brits are unattractive, which almost certainly means underdeveloped jaws and facial structure. I can say my own personal experience matches this observation. Conversely, Australia which also has a predominantly anglo-celtic population is known for just the opposite, or at the very least aren't known for a lack of attractiveness.

If what Dr Mike Mew states is true then surely a lot of this could be explained by diet.

Are there any other explanations for why this could be? Do they really eat a lot of soft foods like fish and chips?

I even remember reading an article from the BBC which stated hair loss was also more prevalent in the UK than other Western nations.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Gregor Samsa

Re: The British: Is it something in the water?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 09:07:37 AM »
Isn't it obvious? All the attractive people from the UK moved to Australia and took their good genes with them.  ;D

But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if our modern diet is the cause of a lot of these jaw discrepancies. I watched a show where Jamie Oliver went around to schools in the UK and tried to change how the kids there ate and it was appaling to see the kind of crap the kids survived on. I don't think it's fair to single out British people though. They may have a lot of "ugly" people, but they sure do have a lot of very attractive people as well. It's a bit ironic that British people are known for having bad teeth when in reality they actually have far more healthy teeth on average than say Americans.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 09:18:46 AM »
Isn't it obvious? All the attractive people from the UK moved to Australia and took their good genes with them.  ;D

But seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if our modern diet is the cause of a lot of these jaw discrepancies. I watched a show where Jamie Oliver went around to schools in the UK and tried to change how the kids there ate and it was appaling to see the kind of crap the kids survived on. I don't think it's fair to single out British people though. They may have a lot of "ugly" people, but they sure do have a lot of very attractive people as well. It's a bit ironic that British people are known for having bad teeth when in reality they actually have far more healthy teeth on average than say Americans.

It's not my intention to pick on anyone who is British and make them feel bad. Sorry to anyone who feels that way.

As for diet isn't the UK the most overweight country in Europe?

It's funny how the British have that stereotype of bad teeth when countries like Japan actually embrace crooked teeth. I think the idea is a cute girl shouldn't too perfect, and so having a crooked tooth is kind of like an attractive flaw. Something that humanises them I guess? A bit in contrast to Americans who want that perfect face and smile.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 11:12:27 AM »
I'm half British myself and I'd say the brits are a pretty ugly bunch and often have a weak bone structure.  However, I think quite a lot of Northern Europeans are not especially attractive, not just British (after all we are a mix of celts, germans, french and dutch with a touch of viking)  There is also the issue of plain colouring which makes people look uglier - here in the Middle East a lot of people look striking and attractive and in part it's features but also strong eyebrows, long eyelashes and dark hair and eyes play a part

I don't know what it is - genetics?  My diet was good and I still have a small lower jaw.  If you look at Iranians, a lot of them have really strong gonial angles...is it because there is some asian (mongol) blood from the Ghengis Khan?  Living in a very mixed place, as well as British and some Northern Europeans, I also see a lot of Indians with poor bone structure, whereas some Pakistanis (especially northerners and pashtuns) have much more defined faces.

Brits do not have bad teeth, it's just that they 'got into' orthodontics later than Americans did

Don't forget that this is also an English language forum

Also I think Americans are more likely to get jaw surgery when they're teenagers.  When I was a teen, jaw surgery in the UK on the NHS was very rare, but I was told that now it's more common.  So there are quite a number of Brits with bite issues that had orthodontic work when they needed surgery

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 03:46:10 PM »
Ive heard that Britain is still a class's society with the upper classes still being mainly Norman descendants.  Hence taller, better looking.  I wonder if the royals disprove this, because they look really inbred to me.

sean89

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 04:00:42 PM »
Ive heard that Britain is still a class's society with the upper classes still being mainly Norman descendants.  Hence taller, better looking.  I wonder if the royals disprove this, because they look really inbred to me.

More money equals (or makes more likely) better looking girlfriend equals better looking offspring. Not just exclusive to Britain. But I' went to a working class state school and I'm 6ft2 and just got back from Turkey where I was pretty much the tallest person in the country.

On topic, I don't think there's anything fundamentally different about the U.K, in orthognathic terms, than Australia or the United States, but maybe, historically, other countries used to assign a higher value to having a nice set of teeth. I think race is more likely to account for different face types.

Also, there is definitely a genetic component to face types because I know a family of six brothers who have the same gummy smile as their mother.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 05:01:51 PM »

Also, there is definitely a genetic component to face types because I know a family of six brothers who have the same gummy smile as their mother.

My mother, grandfather, uncle and I are all class iii.  Must be the environment!

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »
My face is (was) pretty strongly developed for a class ii, wonder if having a splash of Med blood helped?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »
Well I've heard this theory that a lot of UV exposure before the age of 5:
* increases your chance of skin cancer dramatically in later life (Australian studies show this)
* gives you more robust bones and especially teeth (fringe theory)

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 05:57:04 AM »
The woeful amount of UV we have here might well be a contributing factor.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »
Ive heard that Britain is still a class's society with the upper classes still being mainly Norman descendants.  Hence taller, better looking.

This is partially true, a lot of the British upper classes still have surnames of Norman origin.  But why would Normans be better looking than the native Pits + Celts or the Saxons/ Angles?   I wouldn't say the French are better looking or taller than the Dutch or Germans.

More money equals (or makes more likely) better looking girlfriend equals better looking offspring. Not just exclusive to Britain.

This is the more likely reason

Cmonster

• Private
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

snufkins

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 12:27:24 PM »

Really? I've always found the opposite to be  true to be honest, if we're just talking purely on facial structure here.
Living & working in rather a toff gathering point town, some of the upper class have a very distinct look about them and tbh it's anything but attractive.
However I have often see girls especially, from rather chavvy backgrounds with stunning bone structures and infact rather modelesque just a pity they slob it up in tracksuits.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 03:29:31 PM »
Really? I've always found the opposite to be  true to be honest, if we're just talking purely on facial structure here.
Living & working in rather a toff gathering point town, some of the upper class have a very distinct look about them and tbh it's anything but attractive.
However I have often see girls especially, from rather chavvy backgrounds with stunning bone structures and infact rather modelesque just a pity they slob it up in tracksuits.

Wonder where you live cos I hardly ever saw it this way around! (and I lived in a variety of places from chav stuffed to toff city)

Look at One Direction, the only really good-looking one is the British-Pakistani one.  The rest, no thanks!

Anyway I do not believe that the British are any worse looking than the rest of North West Europe.  However, I do think that the UK is a more 'vain' (ie image-based) society than say Germany, with higher rates of cosmetic surgery

overbiter

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
This is a 100% serious question: Why is there such an enormous over-representation of Brits on this forum? It's even stranger when one factors in the vastly differing population sizes.

Anecdotally a lot of my friends from mainland Europe claim the Brits are unattractive, which almost certainly means underdeveloped jaws and facial structure. I can say my own personal experience matches this observation. Conversely, Australia which also has a predominantly anglo-celtic population is known for just the opposite, or at the very least aren't known for a lack of attractiveness.

If what Dr Mike Mew states is true then surely a lot of this could be explained by diet.

Are there any other explanations for why this could be? Do they really eat a lot of soft foods like fish and chips?

I even remember reading an article from the BBC which stated hair loss was also more prevalent in the UK than other Western nations.

If you're that pathetic Swede who posted his face here, and who posts on sluthate, then I don't think you should be calling anyone ugly because you are one f**king ugly c*nt. Your 'friends from mainland europe' lol. You don't have any friends. You are just a lowlife incel piece of s**t. As for your belief that british people are ugly, there is zero evidence for that. If you had a single working brain cell you would have worked that out by now. It's a pity your brain is as s**tty as your personality.