Author Topic: 11 days post op. underbite & asymmetry (pictures)  (Read 5154 times)

tiasjawsurgery

11 days post op. underbite & asymmetry (pictures)
« on: November 08, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »
Hello!

I am now 11 days post op double jaw surgery. Upper jaw was moved 2 mm and lower jaw 3 mm.

What do you guys think?

[attachment deleted by admin]

PloskoPlus

Re: 11 days post op. underbite & asymmetry (pictures)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »
You probably still have a lot of swelling to judge.  BTW, why 2 small movements like that?  I was under the impression that with underbites it's desirable to do everything with upper jaw surgery if possible.   So in your case a 5mm upper jaw advancement instead of +2 -3.

tiasjawsurgery

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 08:54:52 AM »
Hey! Thanks for the reply. Yeah I know. My underbite was not very severe to begin with. However I've always had an issue with the way I look. I still feel like there isn't much of a difference in appearance and that makes me sad.
I agree with you. He didn't even want to do my upper jaw since he said he doesn't think it looks flat. But didn't agree so he agreed on bimax and he said that this is the maximum he could have done to move it forward. My surgery is done in Sweden.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 09:18:19 AM »
Your profile looks completely normal and it's far from being flat. The only thing I can see that can be improved is the gonial angle but there aren't any Swedish surgeons that do chin wings as far as I know. Honestly, I think you'd see more improvement to the face by losing weight rather than by having any more surgery.

tiasjawsurgery

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 12:09:40 PM »
I think that my profile is better now than what it used to be, but then again it might be the swelling they didn't move much. I think you are right about losing weight. I will actually ask my Dr about what you wrote. Let's see what he says. After the jawsurgery pain and all, I'm not quite sure if want to undergo another surgery

zirrz

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 03:50:26 PM »
Just curious, how old are you? You look 28 in the before pic and like 50 in the after.

babyface99

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 07:15:11 PM »
^ nah man not at all

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 03:03:06 PM »
Just curious, how old are you? You look 28 in the before pic and like 50 in the after.

Shes still swollen too, so you cant really judge lol.

brewer44

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 01:39:41 AM »
As far as facial harmony goes with a side profile, I think it was unnecessary to get the surgery.  I think a small chin implant would have sufficed nicely.  I prefer the nasolabial/ lip angle of your before- the after now looks as if you have a strong chin with poor upper lip projection/ retruded nasal base.  Then again, might just be swelling and the outcome doesn't show until after residual swelling completely goes away; that can easily take up to 6 months or more.

MaxilloMandibular

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 04:04:59 AM »
The top picture is the "after", guys. And it's a clear improvement.