Author Topic: Interested in Malar Osteotomy + Chin wing. Realistic results?  (Read 4826 times)

Skillsaw

Interested in Malar Osteotomy + Chin wing. Realistic results?
« on: December 11, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
I'm mainly insecure about my retruded upper maxilla and relatively pint-sized zygomas. A lefort 3 is way out of the question though  ;D

I really feel like improving these interrelated issues could be the difference between being just another average guy and a legitimately good looking one, which to me would be a massive mental weight off my chest - knowing that I look harmonious and pleasing.

I've done a morph of what I consider to be ideal once I am done the following.

-Closed rhino (tip and alar base reduction)
-Malar Osteotomy OR fillers that are done well (probably impossible with the latter)
-Chin wing (the morph is unrealistic, I know, just an ideal)
-Tear trough/nasolabial fillers (comes from having a poor maxilla)
-(bonus) extra neck/ trap/delt meat from long-term neck harness work

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 11:26:00 AM by Skillsaw »

MaxilloMandibular

Re: Interested in Malar Osteotomy + Chin wing. Realistic results?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 11:28:33 AM »
You look great now and these procedures may not offer you an improvement. They could make you look worse.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Skillsaw

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
You look great now and these procedures may not offer you an improvement. They could make you look worse.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Thanks for the kind words. I may be going overboard with the chin-related stuff, but I officially do have a very poor (but not medically-grade deformed) maxilla. It's just a trait in my family and it causes lots of unpleasant occurrences in the face. At the very, very least I want to create some level of contour and volume around the cheeks with fillers if possible, also fill in my paranasal hollowing. Those alone would make me feel much better.

The rhino and chin stuff is just fluff.

Vic

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »
Hi mate, whats software did you use to do the morph?

Skillsaw

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 01:24:26 PM »
Hi mate, whats software did you use to do the morph?

It was just a quick photoshop - I have version CS6

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »
I agree you look good now, and brother you're in for a world of pain, discomfort and project that will literally take years! But damn, that morph is one of the best things I've seen lately. You do look pretty awesome in the after result. I say go for it!

Skillsaw

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:06:52 AM »
bump

PloskoPlus

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 04:01:42 AM »
bump
You're in the unfortunate position of straddling the above-average-almost-handsome line. Me too (but more like ugly-average).  I don't think that muscle stuff is worth asking here (it's not a bodybuilding forum).  Anyway, a good face trumps muscles (and it's fake anyway since bone structure is all that matters face or body).  A very lean face may do you a world of good...  So I hope you're not juicing or taking creatine or bloating your face in any way.

tldr; try to get as lean as possible first.  You may benefit from a zygomatic osteotomy... in theory... since no-one knows what they look like.  You can't just get a Le Fort I without advancing your bottom jaw as well if your bite is normal in the first place. And I don't think any surgeon would do that unless you had sleep apnea.  (OK, there is that Swiss kook Sailer who AFAIK came up with the "anteface").  A Le Fort I may give you a chimp look anyway.

tldr2; ching wing + zygomatic osteotomy = consult Zarrinbal in Berlin.

sean89

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »
Malar osteotomy isn't going to give you cheekbones like that, getting a chin wing/genioplasty to lengthen your face is gonna make you look worse/turn you into a mouthbreather, getting a le fort without BSSO is impossible/stupid when you look like you are already a class 1 with good lateral jaw/skull/bone development that suits and enables your mesomorphic body type.

Your problem is that you have thick soft tissue in the face that's not necessarily a 1:1 result of your bone development or your body weight. Your cheekbones could be bigger but many surgeons, including Zarrinbal, contend that you can get a better result with fillers than a malar osteotomy.

In my opinion, maxillofacial/bone-breaking procedures aren't going to do that much for you because bone isn't the problem and isn't going to be much of a solution. People can get too ideological about using their own bone to augment their face but unless you have an obvious weakness, it's not gonna do that much, if anything, for your appearance.