Author Topic: Upper Jaw Surgery with anti clockwise rotation of lower jaw  (Read 20761 times)

splodge11

Upper Jaw Surgery with anti clockwise rotation of lower jaw
« on: December 12, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »
Hi,

I've had a consultation with Paul Johnson I was told I have vertical maxillary excess and slightly excessive show of my upper incisors. I was advised single jaw surgery for my upper jaw. this would come to a total cost of 7,315 GBP inc hospital fees and check up appointments etc, he advised me I will also have anti clockwise rotation of the lower jaw done to bring my chin slightly more forward and advised me not to get lower jaw surgery as there is a bigger risk of numbness and a much longer healing time. I explained my concerns about my chin as I really hate its appearance and he advised sliding genioplasty would be a better solution. Although a sliding genioplasty would be great it would then bump the cost to 12,000 GBP.

I really want to schedule a surgery date soon but wondered if anyone else has had the upper jaw surgery with anti clockwise rotation of lower jaw and how much of an impact it made to your chin??

have attached some pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

sean89

Re: Upper Jaw Surgery with anti clockwise rotation of lower jaw
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »
I think CCW and genioplasty is the perfect treatment plan. I'm not sure how much rotation you will be able to get because you don't have massive amounts of gum show and you don't want to flare your upper teeth too much. If you 'hate' your chin now, I doubt you will be happy with it if you just get upper jaw surgery. My advice is to get both and the fact that he proposed that, instead of being some quack surgeon who proposes every procedure under the sun, is a sign that he is someone you should seriously consider. Also, given that you are not really changing your bite that much, and so there doesn't need to be as much communication between your ortho and surgeon,  you could also consider going abroad to save money, or even going to a less famous English surgeon (not one based in the south). These are movements that every maxfac should know. If you do go abroad, however, the costs do add up. I worked it out the other day and I've had to travel to the foreign city where I had my operation 7 times thus far. For a lot of people in a lot of jobs, this is not really an option but maybe it is for you.

needadvancement

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:25:27 PM »
Sliding genioplasty does look suitable for you. Your lips line up with no incompetence in your profile photo and a chin advancement could do a lot for your appearance, you're already very pretty and your chin recession is your only flaw that could be improved significantly imo.

splodge11

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »
Thanks for your opinions, I think I'm going to go for both upper jaw surgery and sliding genioplasty. I've saved up 5,000 Gbp so far, I'm hoping I can pay the rest of by a medical loan. I don't think i'll ever be happy until I get it done. :-(. Its been playing on my mind for a good couple of years now, i've also heard apparently the older you get, the harder it is to get the surgery done :-/.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 03:19:09 AM »
Genio will fix your recessed chin and dramatically improve your profile.

I have seen a lot of after photos where people have regretted not getting the genio.  The changes almost look like they have had nothing done without it.

treevernal

• Private
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 09:50:45 PM »
You are going to have such a great result as you have lovely features and beautiful eyes.  Just thought I'd chime in!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 11:30:05 PM »
yeah you'll probably look pretty cute once you get a balanced chin. How's your bod?

girl

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 04:45:04 AM »
Genio will fix your recessed chin and dramatically improve your profile.

I have seen a lot of after photos where people have regretted not getting the genio.  The changes almost look like they have had nothing done without it.

If she has rotation, then mandibular advancement alone will work better. Genio + recessed jaw = hag look.

splodge11

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 09:53:52 AM »
Genio + recessed jaw = hag look??  :-\ .

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 10:57:27 PM »
Genio + recessed jaw = hag look??  :-\ .

Yes - long "witch chin", but recessed mandible.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 02:47:46 AM »
Sorry, I meant with rotation included.  Some people still require a genio to balance things out, or am I mistaken?

splodge11

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 04:02:49 AM »
I'm thinking now I might just go ahead with upper jaw surgery only and maybe get chin fillers in the future instead of a genio :-/. I'll see how much of a rotation i can get, i'm also thinking of cost as well. I don't wanna be in debt and the max medical loan can lend me is 4K, i've already saved up 5K. For upper only its 7K and for both upper and genio its 12K - very expensive!  :-/

sean89

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 05:28:56 PM »
Splodge - you can now get TADs for a gummy smile. Why don't you get them, and spend your money on a genioplasty instead, rather than risk the numbness and nose flaring that comes from upper jaw surgery?

terry947

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »
@ sean89 - How can Tads fix a gummy smile?

sean89

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 06:50:40 AM »
@ sean89 - How can Tads fix a gummy smile?

Google 'tads for gummy smile' and you will see how it works.