Author Topic: Upper Jaw Surgery with anti clockwise rotation of lower jaw  (Read 20758 times)

nrelax11

• Private
Re: Upper Jaw Surgery with anti clockwise rotation of lower jaw
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2015, 10:01:09 PM »
Google 'tads for gummy smile' and you will see how it works.

Damn, could that fix lip incompetence too? If so, could have just done that rather than surgery. Although surgery seemed to be the faster route for me

PloskoPlus

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:41:32 AM »
Damn, could that fix lip incompetence too? If so, could have just done that rather than surgery. Although surgery seemed to be the faster route for me

I wonder how stable it would be though.  Surgical impaction is like the most stable operation.

nrelax11

• Private
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 07:15:51 PM »
Yea thats true, I mean I dont regret my surgery, just wonder if that would have been easier. Sorry to hijack thread!

splodge11

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 04:48:02 AM »
hmm maybe TADS is worth looking into, I wonder what the cost would be.

splodge11

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 10:58:01 AM »
Have finally made a decision!, I am going to go ahead with lower jaw surgery only. :-)

JawKid7

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 01:51:31 PM »
how did u go from upper only surgery to lower?  seems like a big change lol
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

splodge11

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 02:04:27 PM »
I know seems really random but i am still going ahead with the same surgeon, tbh my upper jaw doesn't bother me all that much, I have very slight show of gums but nothing major. As where I really hate the appearance of my chin and he advised lower jaw surgery would be better thab sliding genioplasty as my lower jaw is slightly recessed. Next appointment with my ortho is on the 17.06 i'll need braces on my wisdom teeth now to prep me for surgery.

splodge11

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 02:00:14 PM »
Day 1 of lower jaw surgery 14.11.2015, recovery has been pretty difficult so far, i cant feel my lower lip or chin at all, i keep drooling, i'm having trouble sleepimg and feel so tired all the time. I'm hoping things can only get better from here!

[attachment deleted by admin]

splodge11

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 09:59:51 PM »
Day 2 of lower jaw surgery - I never thought recovering would be this hard, i hate not being able to chew food, my face is very swelled up but i guess it can only get better from here...

JimmyTheGent

• Im likely the reason your Karma is so high.
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 07:26:39 AM »
You are going to be gorgeous after surgery. You are pretty now especially your eyes. Post some after pics when you are done please ;-)

Hi,

I've had a consultation with Paul Johnson I was told I have vertical maxillary excess and slightly excessive show of my upper incisors. I was advised single jaw surgery for my upper jaw. this would come to a total cost of 7,315 GBP inc hospital fees and check up appointments etc, he advised me I will also have anti clockwise rotation of the lower jaw done to bring my chin slightly more forward and advised me not to get lower jaw surgery as there is a bigger risk of numbness and a much longer healing time. I explained my concerns about my chin as I really hate its appearance and he advised sliding genioplasty would be a better solution. Although a sliding genioplasty would be great it would then bump the cost to 12,000 GBP.

I really want to schedule a surgery date soon but wondered if anyone else has had the upper jaw surgery with anti clockwise rotation of lower jaw and how much of an impact it made to your chin??

have attached some pics

The more I learn about the gamble that is jaw surgery the more afraid I become!!!   :-(

needadvancement

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2015, 05:30:51 PM »
Hey I forgot all about this thread it's been almost a year. Good to see you went ahead with the surgery, good luck with your recovery and it's gonna be interesting to see the final results.

splodge11

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2015, 11:08:54 AM »
12 days after lower jaw surgery! I'm still swollen but i am looking a lot more like myself! I'm now starting to eat soft foods too :-D.

I have a little bit of feeling back in my lower lip but i am still pretty numb in that area! Its still early days so hopefully it'll subside in a few months. :-)

splodge11

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »
And day 16, first day back at work, still swollen and numb but i am getting better.

Ginger

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 11:08:43 AM »
Wow, your day 16 pic looks really good! The lower jaw surgery made your chin turn out quite lovely. I hope you update us again on your progress.

needadvancement

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2015, 09:50:56 AM »
So how's it going now another month since the last update? Looks-wise and also health etc. You already looked great before surgery so I can only imagine.