Author Topic: Male 28 underbite OPINION needed  (Read 28820 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Male 28 underbite OPINION needed
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 06:28:34 PM »
in germany if you want to be a malox... surgeon you have to study medicine and over the top you have to study dental medicine so two faculties. I was at one of the best surgeons nationwide. prof. dr. dr. al-nawas chief doc at the mall..clinic of the university of mainz. btw both docs knew about my hawmophilia
I'm fully aware of the fact that maxillofacial surgeons have double degrees.  That's pretty much the case almost everywhere for the last 30 years.  And even so, 90% of the time they do dental implants and pull wisdom teeth.  Being a faculty member, writing 100s of papers means NOTHING.  FWIW, I think I found the publication profile of the surgeon you mentioned.  He has 100s of papers on implants and oral cancer, almost nothing on orthognathic surgery.  But scientific interests don't mean anything anyway.  I consulted with the head of the orthognathic surgery department of the local university (top 20 world-wide).  He asked me why I chose to consult with him.  I said because he's the head of the department.  He said "IT MEANS NOTHING.  I COULD BE JUST AN ACADEMIC.  THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS VOLUME OF WORK AND RESULTS".

tldr;

Consult with Zarrinbal without pre-alerting him of your haemophiliac status if possible.  But do pop the question at the end.

P.S.
After my Le Fort I surgery the surgeon said I had "a lot of vascularity" in my upper jaw, so everything will heal well (you need good blood supply to the jaw after it's been mobilised).  Someone here told me that that's a code word for "bled like a stuck pig".  The nurse gave me a bag to spit blood into - the stitches inside the mouth bleed for a while.  I was told to throw up in it if I feel sick and "trust me, everyone swallows a ton of blood after this surgery and vomits" (I didn't end up vomiting, my stomach must like blood).  So perhaps Le Fort surgery does cause a lot of bleeding.

ryu1986

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2014, 07:03:26 AM »
i will next year
definitely. thanks for this.

ryu1986

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 06:58:14 AM »
hi guys. here are recent pics. because weight and being chubby in your face was a topic because fat is considered as a camouflage, I lost 4kgs. compared to the other pics before. Is it in your opnion that much visible even losing weight?

[attachment deleted by admin]

ryu1986

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 07:01:45 AM »
another one

ryu1986

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2015, 02:21:42 PM »
front one

ryu1986

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:38 AM »
another pic

terry947

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 03:24:47 PM »
ryu - you underbite is only noticeable to us because we are conscious of things like this. This forum is about jaw surgery, and Im pretty sure everyone here can spot people in public with under/over bites. That being said, I do notice your underbite, but its not bad at all. Honestly, the average person doesn't notice it.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 03:50:52 PM »
hi ryu,

as I already told you over at progenica, you should either get lefort 1 advancement or nothing at all.

lower jaw setback will actually make you look worse and possibly cause issues (sleep apnea) you don't have right now.

esthetically speaking, i do not think you need surgery.

ryu1986

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 05:13:57 AM »
thanks for ur opionion. really, so u r also on progenica? ^^ have to fibd out your nickname over there.
even thr docs told me that my underbite is not that bad from an external point of view. I mean I am too conscious about my look, obviously.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 08:27:16 PM »
thanks for ur opionion. really, so u r also on progenica? ^^ have to fibd out your nickname over there.
even thr docs told me that my underbite is not that bad from an external point of view. I mean I am too conscious about my look, obviously.

I don't think you've posted pictures of yourself smiling.  If you have poor tooth show or too much tooth show, you will need upper jaw surgery regardless of what you do with your lower jaw.

ryu1986

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2015, 06:19:37 PM »
ok

ryu1986

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2015, 11:41:52 AM »

what ya sayn

ryu1986

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »
smiling I show less upper tooth no I am not blind :)
just showed some recent pics

JawKid7

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2015, 09:49:05 AM »
funny guy lol. You don't look bad at all and your facial hair works well in hiding the underbite. If you are happy with the way you look don't go through surgery. At the end of the day its your choice if u feel like u wanna fix it or not
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are.”

had upper jaw surgery on 5th October 2015

sean89

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 06:58:49 PM »