Author Topic: bay area maxfacs?  (Read 2199 times)

needagameplan

bay area maxfacs?
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »
any recommendations?

PloskoPlus

Re: bay area maxfacs?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 10:39:45 PM »

needagameplan

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 09:21:29 AM »
Janice Lee at UCSF. She says she consulted with rabinovich first (the only person I contacted so far) but her insurance didn't cover him

needagameplan

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 10:19:30 AM »
Well f**k, it looks like rabinovich only takes ppo for my insurance.

They would probably take it at UCSF. That lady surgeon seems like she's in her prime. She had great residencies / degrees and has been in practice over a decade now.

I may be able to switch over to Kaiser, but I would probably rather pay $15k at Rabinovich than gamble at Kaiser...

Won't the cost actually be more than $15k though if it's not insured, as I will need a hospital room / bed?

LyraM45

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 08:47:49 AM »
I had my surgery with Felice O'Ryan at Kaiser Oakland.  I've consulted with a bunch of surgeons in CA, including Arnett and Gunson.  First and foremost, avoid Kaiser Oakland at all costs.  My first surgery was severely botched, and instead of stepping up and fixing an obvious surgical error, Dr. O'Ryan and Kaiser left me hanging out to dry.  It's a long story, and if you're interested, you can read my blog here:  http://confessionsofametalmouth.weebly.com/

Otherwise, there are plenty of good surgical options in CA, including the immediate Bay Area.  If you have the money and are willing to travel, Arnette and Gunson really are the best of the best here.  Closer to the Bay Area, you have some bigger names like Kasey Li at Stanford.  There are lots of lesser known mom and pop surgeons around that do great work as well.  After all of my consults to have my surgery redone and fix all of Kaisers mistakes, I ended up choosing Dr. Nestor Karas in Walnut Creek.  I haven't had my revision yet, but all of the work with my new team is so far so good-- completely night and day compared to the care I got with Kaiser (or lack there of from beginning to end).