Author Topic: Surgeons who do malar advancement osteotomy and mandibular wing osteotomy  (Read 2768 times)

mynameis

Hello. Can anybody inform me if they know of any surgeons who perform the malar advancement osteotomy and mandibular wing osteotomy procedures?

I have been in contact with Dr. Zarrinbal who I was going to be having a phone consultation with but his line has gone quiet for the moment.

I know there is a surgeon named Triaca who also performs them but I think I read here that he is much more expensive than Zarrinbal.

Rico

I tell you it's almost impossible to find any opinions about midface surgery :(  very very few non-syndrom people had such surgery

PloskoPlus

Hello. Can anybody inform me if they know of any surgeons who perform the malar advancement osteotomy and mandibular wing osteotomy procedures?

I have been in contact with Dr. Zarrinbal who I was going to be having a phone consultation with but his line has gone quiet for the moment.

I know there is a surgeon named Triaca who also performs them but I think I read here that he is much more expensive than Zarrinbal.

Triaca invented the chin wing osteotomy. The "malar osteotomy" you think they do is actually zygomatic osteotomy.  It will give you more facial width, but no more forward projection.

mynameis

Re: Surgeons who do malar advancement osteotomy and mandibular wing osteotomy
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 03:06:57 PM »
Ah I see. I thought I read on Zarrinbals site that he can move it forward as well which is helpful when one has their jaws advanced.

Do you know anyone besides Zarrinbal and Triaca who does these?

(Chin wing to lower jaw angle and malar osteotomy to widen/advance zygoma)?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 12:05:51 AM »
Ah I see. I thought I read on Zarrinbals site that he can move it forward as well which is helpful when one has their jaws advanced.

I've not seen his before and afters.  People who have, have claimed that the anterior projection looks minimal.

terry947

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 11:49:06 PM »
Try contacting Obwegesser, he's atm supposedly one of the best.

mynameis

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 01:43:23 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, ill keep trying to get in touch with them.