Author Topic: Pros and Cons of VSP Orthognathics?  (Read 1883 times)

pekay

Pros and Cons of VSP Orthognathics?
« on: February 05, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
Seems that all the top surgeons today are using this software instead of standard old school cephalometric analysis, what are the pros and cons of having your surgical movements planned by a software vs a surgeon's "own take/feel" on your case?
Chopsticks > Spoons

CK

• Private
Re: Pros and Cons of VSP Orthognathics?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 05:35:49 PM »
i think most "top" surgeons incorporate a number of techniques in building up a treatment plan. i think VSP is more of an aid to compliment an overall analysis. i dont think much info is available as to what degree doctors rely on VSP in performing the actual surgery.

pekay

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:49:05 PM »
i think most "top" surgeons incorporate a number of techniques in building up a treatment plan. i think VSP is more of an aid to compliment an overall analysis. i dont think much info is available as to what degree doctors rely on VSP in performing the actual surgery.

Understood

a lot of surgeons here are using the whole CT Scan/cone beam scan + VSP Orthognathic as an unique feature that only a select few (at least over here) have access to. I was flat out told on a local orthognathic forum to avoid at all costs any surgeon that has not studied abroad.

Chopsticks > Spoons

CK

• Private
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »
Understood

a lot of surgeons here are using the whole CT Scan/cone beam scan + VSP Orthognathic as an unique feature that only a select few (at least over here) have access to. I was flat out told on a local orthognathic forum to avoid at all costs any surgeon that has not studied abroad.

well they are two different types of analysis.