Author Topic: Post-op guys: has your mood, concentration, behavior improved after surgery?  (Read 1797 times)

x

• Private
Because if you're still mouth breathing, or struggling to breathe through your nose, that can lower energy levels, make it harder to concentrate, make you more moody, and make it more difficult to sleep at night.

Did you guys experience any of these feelings pre-surgery and did it help post-?

Marisama

• Private
I noticed a bit a depressed mood post-op. I still have bouts of it at 11 weeks. I imagine it's just from not being completely healed and not eating a normal diet.  Jaw surgery entails a very long recovery

Lazlo

• Private
I noticed a bit a depressed mood post-op. I still have bouts of it at 11 weeks. I imagine it's just from not being completely healed and not eating a normal diet.  Jaw surgery entails a very long recovery

I'm interested in hearing about this from others as well, as I've heard the results of better breathing after surgery have been "transformative,"(in the words of one surgeon I spoke to) for many people.

Marisama, I'd like to ask you another question, at what point did you feel fully able to handle challenging cognitive work after surgery. I'm writing a thesis and I was hoping to have it done before surgery, but now since I'm behind, I was thinking of having surgery and continuing to work on it --but I don't want it to be too much of a disruption. Would you advise finishing it first then having surgeon? Or could I be back to 9-5 work after 2-3 weeks?

Marisama

• Private
I took 10 weeks off because my job requires a decent amount of talking. I also had full pay disability leave. If you're not talking much, I'd say you could probably work at 4 weeks.