Author Topic: FIRST EUROPEAN ARNETT ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERY FORUM SYMPOSIUM  (Read 4454 times)

Reality

• Private
FIRST EUROPEAN ARNETT ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERY FORUM SYMPOSIUM
« on: October 13, 2018, 03:17:41 PM »
Check this out

The Arnett Advanced Orthognathic Surgery, Orthodontic and Prosthetic Planning Symposium arrives to Europe with the collaboration of the prestigious Dr. William Arnett. One of the main sponsors is Nemotec, company which has developed the NemoFAB, a leading software for Orthognathic Surgery and Orthodontics.

For the first time in Europe, after 23 years, the AOSF chooses Madrid to present to Orthodontists and Surgeons, the Orthodontic and Prosthetic Planning Symposium. The objective of the Forum is to improve patient care by providing advanced education in reconstructive dentistry, Orthodontics and Orthognathic Surgery. The speakers of the event, led by Dr. William Arnett, are international leaders in their fields.

The Symposium takes place on 16-17th November at the Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center (Av. De Aragón, 400) in Madrid, Spain.

-----------

This is quite interesting and if an open Symposium, I might attend. RAFFAINI & VRIJENS will be speaking as well.

Here is the complete list of speakers:

Planning Symposium: 16-17th November 2018, Hotel Marriott Auditorium Hotel & Conference Center

DR. G. WILLIAM ARNETT (Santa Barbara, USA) BSSO: Plates vs. screws – which protects joint function and long term stability?

DR. NICO VRIJENS (Maastricht, the Netherlands) What are the limits of Orthodontic treatment when the face, airway, and bite (FAB) goals are considered?

DR. RENATO COCCONI (Parma, Italy) When do I decide Orthodontics is not enough and surgery is necessary?

DR. DOMINGO MARTIN (San Sebastián, Spain) Progressive Condylar Resorption, Condyle Position and Orthognathic Surgery from an Orthodontic Perspective

DR. BRUNO ARDANZA (Madrid, Spain) Is PGRF an alternative to medications and/or splint therapy in joint treatment?

DR. ELISABETTA GRENDENE (Verona, Italy) What is ideal post-surgical Orthodontics bite refinement?

PROF. MIRCO RAFFAINI (Parma, Italy) What constitutes planning and treating to produce a beautiful face?

DR. OCTAVIO CINTRA (Sao Paulo, Brazil) Prosthetic, Orthodontic and Surgical Planning for the perfect result – how’s it done?

DR. L. DOUGLAS KNIGHT (Louisville, USA) Skeletal anchorages plates: what malocclusions can be treated?

DR. RICHARD ROBLEE (Fayetteville, USA) Corticotomy Orthodontics: the difficult Orthodontic problem made easy?

DR. JULIO CIFUENTES (Santiago, Chile) How is the facial profile treatment planned to cure OSA?

PROF. ANTONIO D’AGOSTINO (Verona, Italy) What and how is stable 3-dimensional bite reconstruction accomplished? Orthodontic preparation? Surgical techniques?

PROF. LORENZO TREVISIOL (Verona, Italy) Virtual surgical planning: advantages and limits of the 3D environment?

DR. JEFFREY MCCLENDON (New York, USA) How and why is equilibration used after surgery and orthodontics?

LINK https://nemouniversity.nemotec.com/en/first-european-arnett-orthognathic-surgery-forum-symposium/

Dogmatix

• Private
Re: FIRST EUROPEAN ARNETT ORTHOGNATHIC SURGERY FORUM SYMPOSIUM
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 11:00:19 PM »
Isn't it strange that Alfaro isn't one of the speakers when it's held in Spain, and with the variety of speakers they have. It's certainly not only Arnett on the speakers list.

I don't know what you mean by open symposium, but it's very unlikely for it to be free to attend. I've seen similar events where they atleast charge 1k EUR to attend. But they don't care what your education or profession is if that's what you mean.

Reality

• Private
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 03:10:59 PM »
@Dogmatix Indeed, I think it quite strange and even more telling...  it tells me (and I could be completely wrong, just a personal feeling) that Alfaro isn't in the same "league" as Arnett and the other speakers. Although Zarrinbal, Brusco & Triaca weren't on the list either and each in their own right, are just as talented/adept -so it's probably baseless.

Truthfully, I was relieved and happy to see Raffaini (confirmation bias) as I'm strongly considering him for bimax. However, he is friends with Arnett IRL so perhaps that's one reason he is speaking. Despite that, his topic is intriguing and increases my confidence in him (aside from his results) in choosing him purely for aesthetics  -I'd like to listen to his presentation.

"I don't know what you mean by open symposium, but it's very unlikely for it to be free to attend. I've seen similar events where they atleast charge 1k EUR to attend. But they don't care what your education or profession is if that's what you mean."

Yes, the latter portion of your sentiment.

Dogmatix

• Private
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 03:49:04 PM »

As long as it's not a practical course I only think they're interested in your dollars. I had an earlier symposium I was looking into and I didn't see any requirement. It's hard to have those requirements if it's an international conference, very hard to do background checks in every country to see if the education is legit, and who cares if anyone is willing to pay to sit in the audience. Pretty sure 99.9% will be professionals though.

april

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 07:34:37 PM »
@Dogmatix Indeed, I think it quite strange and even more telling...  it tells me (and I could be completely wrong, just a personal feeling) that Alfaro isn't in the same "league" as Arnett and the other speakers. Although Zarrinbal, Brusco & Triaca weren't on the list either and each in their own right, are just as talented/adept -so it's probably baseless.

Truthfully, I was relieved and happy to see Raffaini (confirmation bias) as I'm strongly considering him for bimax. However, he is friends with Arnett IRL so perhaps that's one reason he is speaking. Despite that, his topic is intriguing and increases my confidence in him (aside from his results) in choosing him purely for aesthetics  -I'd like to listen to his presentation.

Yeah it's baseless. It's not about league here. The speakers at Arnetts forum are generally ones that follow and practice the same orthodontic/surgical 'philosophies' ('FACE' members, 'RW', Arnetts 'FAB'). This is the European version of the one in Santa Barbara (similar speakers & topics).

CCW

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 05:54:28 AM »

"I don't know what you mean by open symposium, but it's very unlikely for it to be free to attend. I've seen similar events where they atleast charge 1k EUR to attend. But they don't care what your education or profession is if that's what you mean."

There are pictures of Alfaro with A/G on their FB page. He's attended these events in the past.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
Mere attendance means nothing. Plenty of surgeons have attended Wolfords seminars yet refuse to do CCW.