Author Topic: Does anyone know of Dr. Walline in Los Angeles?  (Read 4463 times)

jdanie12

Does anyone know of Dr. Walline in Los Angeles?
« on: March 05, 2015, 07:21:36 PM »
I am about to get my braces for a double jaw surgery scheduled in December with Dr. Benjamin Walline in Los Angeles.  He works with Dr. Relle.   Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Walline?  Does anyone know about him or Dr. Relle?  I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

parisgirl987

Re: Does anyone know of Dr. Walline in Los Angeles?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 05:48:08 PM »
That's who I went to see about him doing my jaw surgery. My insurance though and my ortho aren't cooperating :/ I know this isn't related to your post but who is your ortho? I am in need of a new one since mine is basically done with my teeth and doesn't want to help me anymore. 

SaraBellah

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »
I had double jaw surgery with Dr. Relle two years ago. Dr. Walline was my co-surgeon. I had great care all the way through and I am very happy with the outcome.

I liked the practice - professional and personable. I had only one appointment with Dr. Walline so I don't know him as well as I do Dr. Relle. I'm not sure what to tell you that would be helpful. If you could offer a few specific questions to get the ball rolling ...

The practice is very high tech in addition to being highly regarded for experience and expertise. Pre-surgery, they combined a low-res scan of me with high-res scans of molds of my mouth to create a hologram of the surgical area. This was used to create the surgical guides, simulate the surgery, and 3D print all the hardware that is bolted in there now. Pretty slick.

I had a remarkably easy recovery from major surgery, but I DID WHAT THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO DO. Funny how that works. ;)

toddstratt

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:54:55 PM »
I had double jaw surgery with Dr. Relle two years ago. Dr. Walline was my co-surgeon. I had great care all the way through and I am very happy with the outcome.

I liked the practice - professional and personable. I had only one appointment with Dr. Walline so I don't know him as well as I do Dr. Relle. I'm not sure what to tell you that would be helpful. If you could offer a few specific questions to get the ball rolling ...

The practice is very high tech in addition to being highly regarded for experience and expertise. Pre-surgery, they combined a low-res scan of me with high-res scans of molds of my mouth to create a hologram of the surgical area. This was used to create the surgical guides, simulate the surgery, and 3D print all the hardware that is bolted in there now. Pretty slick.

I had a remarkably easy recovery from major surgery, but I DID WHAT THE DOCTOR TOLD ME TO DO. Funny how that works. ;)

Do either of these two doctors accept insurance, also what is the fee you paid out of pocket? I am having a hard time finding a doctor that will not require me to take out a huge bank loan. I was previously looking into Dr. Gunson of Santa Barbara but he requires 55k out of pocket up front, before the surgery.

jdanie12

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »
This is a follow-up from the my original posting inquiring about Dr. Walline and Dr. Relle in Los Angeles.   As an update, I had my double jaw surgery with them a little over a year ago.  What was one of the scariest experiences of my life turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.   They are truly experts in their craft and turned my crooked face into something that I enjoy looking at every day in the mirror.  I have never had more confidence or felt better about myslef.   If considering Jaw surgery in the Los Angeles area, these guys should be your top choice.

Crookedpow

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 12:01:33 PM »
This is a follow-up from the my original posting inquiring about Dr. Walline and Dr. Relle in Los Angeles.   As an update, I had my double jaw surgery with them a little over a year ago.  What was one of the scariest experiences of my life turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made.   They are truly experts in their craft and turned my crooked face into something that I enjoy looking at every day in the mirror.  I have never had more confidence or felt better about myslef.   If considering Jaw surgery in the Los Angeles area, these guys should be your top choice.

Im so glad to hear that!! I want that kind of resolve so badly. I have been dealing with looking for the right surgeon and payment issues for over 4 years. My ignorance prolonged everything. I was going to go to Arnett and Gunson but got dam. Definitely a rich mans surgeon and they don't take insurance. So I Been checking LACOMS out. There are 3 surgeons so not sure which one to look at. btw do u mind me asking if they accepted insurance and what you spent out of pocket?