Author Topic: Will I ever be able to have this surgery....  (Read 2512 times)

kaylie14

Will I ever be able to have this surgery....
« on: March 19, 2015, 11:26:58 PM »
I am really sad right now, so here is the story...

My double jaws surgery has been delay for 4 times already!

1st time: My ortho said I am not ready for the surgery.

2nd time: My surgeon does not accept my insurance anymore. I come from a low-income, immigrated family so I can only afford Medi-Cal/Medicaid.

3rd time: My surgeon agreed to  accept me although he does not accept my insurance anymore..but this time my medical group was changed so we have to cancel the upcoming surgery and wait for a new authorization.

4th time: My surgeon wanted me to do a health check up with my family physician. Everything was normal except my heart' however, I went to see my cardiologist and he said I am fine to do this surgery. BUT my surgeon still not want to do it because my cardiologist said I have to wear a 24hr Holter monitor and do an echocardiogram. He will not let me do the surgery unless I have absolutely NO heart problem, even if my cardiologist says I can do the surgery. 

I am really sad and scare right now. I am sad because I cannot do the surgery and it has been delay so many times. I am scare because I don't know what happen to my heart. My sister has congenital heart disease and I am scare I will have it also.

I am sorry for the long rant. I just feel so sad, depressed and stress. Have this happen to your surgery before? I just want to have a perfect bite like everyone else :( Thank you so much for taking the time out to listen to my problem.

Alue

• Private
Re: Will I ever be able to have this surgery....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:09:52 PM »
I've had my surgery pushed back and pushed back again.  Mostly because of moving for work, losing insurance, getting denied on new insurance policy etc.   

I can't blame your surgeon for being cautious about heart defects that could come up during general surgery.  Is there a way you can rule that out beforehand?  Would the echo-cardiogram quell the fear if it comes up clean? 

terry947

Re: Will I ever be able to have this surgery....
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:32:24 PM »
Not to scare you or anything but this is why hes checking to see if your hearts OK.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/205129.php